Sweet Tooth & Dieting

Options
2»

Replies

• winterkj
    winterkj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same with me, huge sweet tooth. A couple things that I eat to help curb my sweet appetite are:

1 package of sugar free pudding mix (any flavor), 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, and 1 cup skim milk all mixed and then refrigerated. Makes (2) 140 calories serving treats that will keep you full because of the added protein.

Frozen fruit with just a small amount (1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon) of cereal.

1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 packet of truvia, 1/2 apple chopped, drizzle of honey. This is very filling and taste great.

Jenny
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm the same, and I agree with the small spoon idea! I eat dessert always with a tiny little teaspoon, its much better. I've started having little pots of jelly (or jell-o)? - sorry I'm British and im sure American Jelly = Jam for me! anyways - sugar free jelly is less than 10 calories a pot and is great just for that little bit of sweetness at the end of the meal, also freshens your pallette.

Also, I LOVE sorbet, and having this instead of ice cream cuts out a lot of fat, think they tend to be high in sugar still but less fat and calories.

Hope this helps :)
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Here's some sweet things that I've been eating:
    - Fat free Cool whip.
    - Sugar free pudding.
    - Jello.
    - Lots of fruit.
    - Granola Bars.
    - Cereals like Trix and Apple Jacks.
  • BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    Thanks a lot to all for all their great advice. I am going to give them all a try.
    Thanks again!