What motivates you...

What motivates you to go to the gym? When you feel like you don't wanna go what pushes you to get up from the couch and go? Please share with me some tips

Replies

• ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    My facebook accountability group... if you're interested in finding out more info; feel free to message me... ankdworak
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I don't think of it as a chore. I think of it as a job- you have to be there.

I also think of how awesome I'll feel afterward and look at old pictures of myself when I was a twig.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Well, I don't go to a gym, but I am motivated to use my treadmill, jump on my rebounder, do youtube and app strength exercises because I want to live a long time and feel good while I'm doing it. I also don't want to develop a chronic illness and bankrupt myself paying for medical care. I'm getting to the age where we think about those things!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    My MFP friends, when I see those comments on my home page I want to make sure I am keeping up my end of the deal! Unless I just don't want to workout, I feel like I am cheating myself by not working out, but either way I still move enough to get my 13K steps.
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    I think about how happy I'll be when I'm done. Also, I work from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. so going to the gym gets me out of the house during the day while all my friends are at their 9 to 5 jobs.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    My gym crush.
  • Keevy333
    Keevy333 Posts: 32 Member
    I workout at home. But motivation is motivation. I really like seeing my strength improve. When I first started working out I did a daily plank challenge and seeing myself be able to hold it for a few seconds more each day really motivated me. I like being able to do more or go longer. And I tell myself if I don't get my butt up and do it, I will lose what I have worked so hard at.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I'm.... keeping the promise I made to myself. Because I don't deserve any more broken promises. Especially not the ones in my own control.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    nothing. it's habitual and just a part of every morning.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    My gym crush.
    This. I have 6. Also just working on myself plus everything I do I have fun. Why would I skip out on that?
  • Shakeitoffx
    Shakeitoffx Posts: 11 Member
    I'm super lazy, so going to the gym for me never happens, I ended up putting an elliptical right beside my bed, now it stares at me everyday, so I usually end up riding it 5x a week
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    What motivates me is how good I feel afterwards. If I don't go, I don't get the rush I feel after a solid workout. I also keep reminding myself that if I don't go, the only person I'm cheating is myself.
  • TeresaGoal145lbs
    TeresaGoal145lbs Posts: 57 Member
    I remember how good I'll feel with the endorphin high. I usually am in a better mood after working out. That motivates me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited December 2014
    Habit...

motivation is a fleeting thing; good habits die hard...so do bad ones for that matter.

What motivates you to do the laundry or dishes or vacume the floors and mop and clean the bathroom...nothing right? These are just things that need doing so you do them. Regular exercise is no different once you get over the mentality that you are doing something "extra".

When you just do, you do...
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Accountability to myself to improve the person I am. Plus my kids now see me going and they want to go, so that motivates me even more to be the example. Plus it's ME time, and I can put on my music and disappear in my world for a few hours.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Performance for sports and quality of life to do what I want without worrying about my health.
  • cutenikki07
    cutenikki07 Posts: 120 Member
    I workout at home and sometimes all I want to do is lay down especially after i chase my 2 toddlers all day but I still do it! My accountability is we go to the river every year and I want to be able to rock my bikini and get a cuter one this season! I don't want winter to win! Plus it takes more time to lose weight all over again then to maintain what you have already lost! Plus I have monthly challenges I do online that helps me cause I am leading these challenges! It truly helps!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    lacroyx wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    My gym crush.
    This. I have 6. Also just working on myself plus everything I do I have fun. Why would I skip out on that?

Ha. I know. I have my crushes plus I'm having a great time. But I only have fun lifting weights unfortunately. I'm a baby when it comes to any kind of cardio or bootcamp class.
  • The girl I like which I later found out was gay :'( or bi I dunno all I know is I'm depressed :).
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    If I told you I’ve worked hard to get where I’m at, I’d be lying, because I have no idea where I am right now.
This discussion has been closed.