all of a sudden lost a bunch of weight and no real change in diet or exercise

So there I was losing about 2 lbs a week. I've been successfully at around 1500 calories a day. No cheating, no serious exercise increases and then this week I lost 3 lbs in 4 days!!

What could account for this? I'm feeling ok (except for a possible cold coming on).

thoughts?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    weight loss is not linear
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Lower carb or salt intake. Just water weight.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,808 Member
    Fluctuation up and down are a normal phenomena, the opposite will occur from time to time as well........just don't knee jerk and stay the course.
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Don't get too far ahead of yourself - there's a good chance there'll be a bit of a bounce back over the next week or so - regardless, it's a good problem to have
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Don't change what you're doing! Just keep on going - like a previous poster said, weight loss is not linear.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    You'll probably gain that back soon enough. water weight is awesome.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Nothing to worry about. Just a good week. Probably a water weight thing. It will likely balance out over time.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    I "gain" and "lose" anywhere from 3-6 pounds daily. Many factors attribute to daily fluctuations, like water weight, sodium intake, the types of foods you eat, like more/less carbs, et cetera. Like others have said, weight loss is not linear. Good going with your progress so far, OP!
  • thanks for the responses. I weigh myself every day at the same time (after shower in the A.M) and before eating.

I'll just watch it. So far so good. Lost 20lb.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Keep up the good work! Consistency is key. If you are weighing every day don't pay attention to a few spikes here and there.....what you want is a nice gradual decline over a long period of time!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Congrats!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    remember this when you reach short term "faux-plateaux's" - sometimes you stall for a couple weeks (or not) and then lose a ton all at once. It's always on the horizon - let this be a comfort later when you feel as though you aren't losing fast enough! It will happen!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Maybe it's water, maybe you whoosed. Try not to get too excited when the scale drops or goes up. You'll go batty.

Congratulations on your excellent progress!