Ideas with potatoes...

Options

Replies

• LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Potato pancakes! Pretty easy and quick to make too. Plus you can top them with whatever you want.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love them quartered, drizzled in olive oil and baked :smiley:
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Everything listed can be frozen for future use (especially in individual portions):
    Potato Soup
    Roasted potato
    Sheppards Pie
    Scalloped Potato
    Mashed Potato
    Potato Pancakes
    Hashbrowns
    Steak fries (garlic & parmesan)
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling fancy, figure out a healthy tater tot recipe and pass it along :)
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I cut up potatoes, smoked turkey sausage, onions,and peppers and put a little olive oil spray on them and sprinkle them with seasoning, then wrap them in foil and put them on the grill until the potatoes are tender. my family Loves this as a main dish. we just add a veggie on the side and have a complete dinner!
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fish cakes if you like those, you can use it to bind together the fish, whatever type you choose.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    make a tzatziki dip (just plain white yoghurt, spices), baked rolls with skin - DELLLLLLICIOUS
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    rpantusa wrote: »
    I cut up potatoes, smoked turkey sausage, onions,and peppers and put a little olive oil spray on them and sprinkle them with seasoning, then wrap them in foil and put them on the grill until the potatoes are tender. my family Loves this as a main dish. we just add a veggie on the side and have a complete dinner!

This sounds delish, gonna try it ! Thanks

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Potato waffles! I just came across this a couple of days ago.

Of course you can sub oil for the butter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-75lgf3yfFI&index=37&list=PLDTCTLU-liTsX9J2aeBCXXgVTfFhdZOaI
  • Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Potatoe chips cooked in the microwave and seasoned how ever you want, fast and easy....or google stuffed potatoes or twice baked many many options. Last ones I did were shrimp stuffed, should give you some non-dairy ideas you can come up with
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Potato and ham soup!
  • bikergirlalex
    Options
    kpedersen3 wrote: »
    Baked fries. Use olive oil spray and salt. 400 degree on a baking pan and flip half way through.
    I actually want to try that!

• GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling fancy, figure out a healthy tater tot recipe and pass it along :)

Haha! if I have some time I will give it a shot! :smile:
    rpantusa wrote: »

Sounds good, but my potatoes are a tad too tiny. I'll put it aside for the next time Ihave big potatoes. :smile:

Thank you everyone! :)
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Gingerbread, you may try some of those potato recipes you found, simply cutting out the cheese. Maybe replace with a little crushed, roasted garlic.

Oh, that is a brilliant idea! I will give it a shot. :smile:
  • bikergirlalex
    Options
    And I make really good Mashed Potatoes with almond milk and a tablespoon of butter with olive oil! :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,620 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/microwave_potato_chips.html

You don't need to use the oil if you line the plate with baking paper.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    roasted
    mashed with different toppings/sauces
    scalloped
    shepherds pie
    twice baked potatoes
    potato pancakes
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,916 Member
    Options
    Roast a head of garlic and throw a few peppers in the oven as well. Saute up an onion in olive oil and butter and add it to your boiled potatoes, then smash them to death, but leave their skin on......we like skin. Add more butter if you dare, oh and salt and pepper.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jacket potato. Mix potato with half of a smashed avocado, sautéed onions and garlic, chives, parsley, sea salt, pepper.

Add 2 potatoes, 2 c black beans to pot with 1c celery pieces, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 c spinach, 3/4 c chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, garlic, paprika, sea salt, pepper. Cook 30-40 minutes, puree if desired. Makes a nice soup.

Grill 4 oz chicken, or fish. Shred and add garlic, turmeric, minced onion, sea salt and pepper. Mix and add on top of a jacket potato.

Preheat oven to 200 C. Slice a potato and a large carrot into thin rounds. Sprinkle with olive oil, sea salt, cardamom or garlic. Bake 30 minutes or until desired crispiness.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Massaman curry has potato as one of the main ingredients along with chicken and coconut milk. You can buy the paste from grocery shop.