When you feel like giving up.....

Options
According to MFP, I've been going at this thing for 410 days now. I've had success according the numbers. 96lbs to be exact. I started out at 330lbs, and the scale now hangs around 234. But it's stuck. I'm stuck....and I feel like this might be it. In the last month, I've only lost 1.6lbs. I walk at least 30 minutes a day for my lunch break. I average 9-10K steps at least in a day... I redo the 30 day ab challenge constantly. Me and Bob Harper have dates during the week. But I am stuck. I just don't know what I can do.

Further more..... I look at myself in the mirror and barely can see where I've lost 1lb, much less 96lbs. My body hasn't changed much although the numbers have changed. 96lbs. Size 24/26w to 16/18w. I'm 32.....Hypothyroid and Insulin resistant. Maybe this is just as good as it is going to get.

Has anyone been there? I need help before I give up.

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What program are you following that structures your workouts so that you move forward?
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights?

No?

Time to start.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Have you recalculated your calorie needs since losing all that weight?
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights?

No?

Time to start.

Totally agree with this one!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that your body knows the difference. It sounds like its time to switch it up. Start a new program to create some muscle confusion. Let variety be the spice of life.
  • Showtime1978
    Showtime1978 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It appears you need to change things up (both for your body AND your mind). I agree with the above that if you don't do some type of weight or resistance training you should start. That could be why you don't see much difference. If you are building muscle while losing weight you will start to notice shape...instead of just loose skin (which I am only assuming - no offense intended).
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »
    Are you lifting weights?

No?

Time to start.

3rd! If you want to see more results you'll need to change up your exercise program: more intensity, more weights. Tweaking your diet may help, too. Just slightly reduce the amount of food you're eating.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    540L wrote: »
    ...In the last month, I've only lost 1.6lbs...

Let me rephrase that a little to put it in perspective, "Wow, I lost 1.6 lbs! I'm moving in the right direction. All I need to do to reach my goal is stay on track."

I say good job to you. As a recent post said, weight loss is not linear. Keep it up and you win. The only way to not succeed is to quit.
  • moma3_00
    moma3_00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, whenever I feel stuck I change up my exercise, my foods (concentrate on your macros and tweak them for different percentages), and LIFTING really made it more fun. When I started lifting weights I stayed the same for about 6 weeks and then BAM, off came 6 pounds in the weeks following. I started doing cardio only 2-3 x's a week and lifting 5 days a week and I LOST weight. The muscle confusion helps..and switching up your nutrition helps. Even if you don't lose anything for a couple of weeks, the variety in what you're doing will at least alleviate the feelings of being bored/stuck. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    moma3_00 wrote: »
    I agree with everyone else, whenever I feel stuck I change up my exercise, my foods (concentrate on your macros and tweak them for different percentages), and LIFTING really made it more fun. When I started lifting weights I stayed the same for about 6 weeks and then BAM, off came 6 pounds in the weeks following. I started doing cardio only 2-3 x's a week and lifting 5 days a week and I LOST weight. The muscle confusion helps..and switching up your nutrition helps. Even if you don't lose anything for a couple of weeks, the variety in what you're doing will at least alleviate the feelings of being bored/stuck. :)

Agreed again. Very good advice.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I stalled out at that size when I was under-eating and over-exercising. make sure you're fueling the fire. ps: I love bob.
  • mfletcher2013
    mfletcher2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To say your body has not changed since a 96 pound weight loss.... I don't believe it!! You are probably just stuck still seeing the old you in the mirror. Don't give up. I agree that some weight lifting needs to be added in. Also, have you gotten new clothes? Sometimes it looks like you haven't lost weight because you are swimming in old clothes.
  • ToniaB_11
    ToniaB_11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »
    Are you lifting weights?

No?

Time to start.

Ditto this!!!