Stuck at a Plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    951heather wrote: »
    Thanks. I wonder if I shouldn't trust what the elliptical is saying I burn? When I go to log it on here, this site always wants to give me more calories than the machine, but still maybe the amount is off?

I would drop to eating only half of these back as they seem high. Additionally, are you weighing and measuring your food?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    First congrats on losing 48 lbs that's fantastic!

I looked over a couple days in your food diary and it doesn't look like you use a digital food scale to weigh your portions. You also use a lot of generic entries. Your hamburger is always exactly 4 ounces at 320 calories? 37 pretzels? a medium apple?

The few I mentioned are just examples to show some things you can improve on with your logging. The apple what's a medium apple? Are they all 72 calories? Or are some larger or smaller?

Your hamburger did you put anything on the burger? how did you cook it?

You have an entry for Potato - mashed homemade .. was this a recipe you created or one you found already in the database? If you didn't create it you don't know what was included in that, my homemade mashed potatoes come in around 300+ per serving, the one you used says 130 calories.

All of these can add up and take away the deficit you think you are. When selecting database entries stay away from generic & homemade. Use a food scale to help ensure accuracy. The elliptical burns seem high as well, all of these little things take away from the deficit. Hope this helps
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I looked over a couple days in your food diary and it doesn't look like you use a digital food scale to weigh your portions. You also use a lot of generic entries. Your hamburger is always exactly 4 ounces at 320 calories? 37 pretzels? a medium apple?

The few I mentioned are just examples to show some things you can improve on with your logging. The apple what's a medium apple? Are they all 72 calories? Or are some larger or smaller?

You have an entry for Potato - mashed homemade .. was this a recipe you created or one you found already in the database? If you didn't create it you don't know what was included in that, my homemade mashed potatoes come in around 300+ per serving, the one you used says 130 calories.

All of these can add up and take away the deficit you think you are. When selecting database entries stay away from generic & homemade. Use a food scale to help ensure accuracy. The elliptical burns seem high as well, all of these little things take away from the deficit. Hope this helps

Thanks everyone. It does help. No, I haven't been measuring my food. I have been just "eyeing" it. The hog that I am I noticed I can sure squeeze a lot of food into 1 cup! I will start measuring. I have a regular food scale. I will have to buy a digital one.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    951heather wrote: »

Thanks everyone. It does help. No, I haven't been measuring my food. I have been just "eyeing" it. The hog that I am I noticed I can sure squeeze a lot of food into 1 cup! I will start measuring. I have a regular food scale. I will have to buy a digital one.

Oh I remember how much peanut butter I would fit on a tablespoon. In the beginning I had lots to lose so the errors didn't make a big difference, around 50 lbs lost I realized my weight loss slowed down and it was all due to my logging & portion sizes. The regular one will work until you get a digital but the digitals are more accurate and pretty cheap you can get one for less than $20.

good luck to you if you have any questions I'm happy to try and help :)