MyFitnessParent ?!?

Options
longtimeterp
longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
edited December 2014 in Chit-Chat
Anyone feel like the forums are becoming more and more moderated and censored, especially with this new flag someone as a game going on? "I don't agree with the link this person posted, flag it as spam!" I mean everyone on the site is an adult, i think the excessive moderation is going a bit too far. I've gotten more flags and seen more nuked posts in the last 2 weeks then in my previous 3.5 years here.
censored.gif

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    agreed.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In before closure!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well, that's what we get for whining that we needed new forums! We got what we asked for, and then some! :\

ETA: I, for one, do not mind the colors. I like colors :D
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree there. I got reported for "swearing." Last I knew, swears were bleeped out? I don't remember MFP being that way before. Lots has changed in my time off :P
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    In before closure!

OMG if they nuke this thread, that would be SOOOO FUNNY!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I think there needs to be more moral cleansing of ye heathens.

Mind you, I believe we are all getting exactly what we pay for here.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    In before the lock
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPolice is more like it.

Back in the day... I got a warning for saying "Twinkies", so it's still kind of the same to me.
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    MyFitnessPolice is more like it.

i like...
    M_SEGWAY1_grande.jpg?1154
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind the flagging system so much if it were a typical 'flag up/flag down' system. I think that would help weed out the hater/troll posts, while giving newbies a bit of an indication of what the general population thinks of the information posted.

I've received a smattering of flags on otherwise respectful posts, simply because someone disagreed with what I wrote. I'd LOVE to be able to see if I had gotten some positive feedback as well. Without the whole picture, I think it just discourages thoughtful posting.

My $0.02
  • PerfectMisfit
    PerfectMisfit Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Post flagged...
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Can't we just have a thumbs up, thumbs down for posts? I think that's what everyone really wants here.
  • Wondertje
    Wondertje Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I mostly just laught about it. As an example, today I got flagged for "abuse" when I told someone who got heavy spinning dizziness everything she lifted her arms over her head to go see a doctor instead of asking us for advice on how to lift. But I really don't let it bother me, I know I meant nothing but good and I assume who ever flagged me is either sensitive or having a bad day.

To be honest, it doesn't matter if people are adults. I've never seen such immature behaviour as you see on completely unmoderated forums with adults.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    capture the flag!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    1. If you haven't seen that many threads getting closed previously, you were clearly not having enough fun on the forums. All the REALLY good ones disappear.
    2. I don't remember there ever being a thread that questioned the moderation of the forums that has survived, so this thread being deleted is just par for the course.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    In for anarchy!!