I Gained 9 pounds!

Options
After a year of being on a halt with my weight loss ( I've been going from 161-164 for a year) I have now started to gain a extensive amount of weight. I am now 171, Last week I weight myself at 170 and I was devastated! So I got focused once again. Im not trying to go backwards, I want the body I have always dreamed of. I started taking better notice of what I was eating and exercise a little more and I was broken hearted to hear I gained another pound. However, I have been constipated for about a week. No having bowl movement sometimes all day til the next. Could that be a part in my weight gain of now 9 pounds? HELP! :s

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, plus water weight (salt intake), and that time of the month (bloating). I seem to be on a four week gain or stay the same cycle before I get a dip. I suggest concentrate on making better choices to feel better, not the scale.

It was suggested once that I measure my waist as a different measure of success, but I find it goes down even slower than my weight!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    uh yeah that could be part of it....when I was on zofran it stopped me up horrible, I took miralax once a day (in my coffee) and it helped tons.
  • andymcclure
    andymcclure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound fun at all. It sounds like you were doing pretty well for a while, though, so I'm sure you can get it back under control.

I'd suggest you start tracking carefully again, and focus on eating healthy: lots of veggies, fruits, lean proteins, etc. Luckily, all those things should help with the constipation, too.

Also, lots of water.

We all slip sometimes, whether it's the holidays, stress, birthday cakes, or whatever. Don't beat yourself up over it, and you can get back to where you want to be.
  • kattbigs
    kattbigs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i feel that though, been about 6 full months since i've STUCK to my plans. a bit of cayenne pepper in a smoothie or glass of warm water and lemon will do the trick though :)
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Is it that time of the month? Whenever I'm about to start my period I gain between 3-5 pounds, it's quite depressing. Also, not pooping for a day or two will make you gain a little. Certianly not 9lbs though. Are you eating plenty of fiber and drinking lots of water? That might help.
  • FitCrystalLina
    FitCrystalLina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound fun at all. It sounds like you were doing pretty well for a while, though, so I'm sure you can get it back under control.

I'd suggest you start tracking carefully again, and focus on eating healthy: lots of veggies, fruits, lean proteins, etc. Luckily, all those things should help with the constipation, too.

Also, lots of water.

We all slip sometimes, whether it's the holidays, stress, birthday cakes, or whatever. Don't beat yourself up over it, and you can get back to where you want to be.

Thanks everyone for your help. Very motivational for me! I will not give up