Anyone trying to lose weight to look cute in clothes?

Options
luvahgilahsa
luvahgilahsa Posts: 63 Member
edited December 2014 in Motivation and Support
I love fashion and I love shopping and I guess my biggest motivation is to lose weight to look cute in the clothes that I love. I've gained quite a lot of weight in the past year and I no longer fit into a lot of my clothes, and a lot of the styles I love no longer look good on my body. My biggest motivation is to wear cute outfits, but is that a bad motivation?

I don't really track my weight-loss through numbers, I really only do it through how I look in my clothes, so I'm going to try to track my progress through pictures. Anyone else doing it this way and want to join me?

Replies

• luvahgilahsa
    edited December 2014
    Options
    12/4 Outfit of the day
    Overalls are so cute
    image_zpsa645af5a.jpg
    image_zps29e3e102.jpg
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's bad motivation. The best reason to lose weight is to improve health but if looking better keeps you on track, I don't see that as a bad thing at all tbh.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ps. you look gorgeous if you are one of the girls in your pic!
  • luvahgilahsa
    edited December 2014
    Options
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    Ps. you look gorgeous if you are one of the girls in your pic!

aww thanks! I'm the one on the left, and that was a year ago when I was 20 pounds lighter :(
    PPS you're gorgeous too!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'd rather look good naked. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • mrscronkhite
    Options
    Being able to fit into my clothes better and wear styles I'm comfortable in are definitely motivators of mine!! Nothing wrong with wanting to look good and feel good about yourself as motivating factors.
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Definitely. One of the biggest motivators for me in deciding to lose weight was realizing that I was looking at clothing ads and thinking to myself, "No, I am too heavy to wear that." I want to feel comfortable in whatever I feel like wearing!!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Good god yes. I don't have very good fashion sense since I've spent years being too fat to shop just anywhere. But I even have it on my profile. One thing that motivates me is pretty dresses :) I'm SOOOOO giddy every time I go clothes shopping now. It's like Christmas, I always find something in my size now.
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    This is my overall motivation. While looking good in clothes is a plus, once it comes off... well... you know. **insert comment about the lights being on, etc**
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    At 51 I do have other motivators but this also ranks extremely high on my list. Whether better health is a bonus or its your main goal it doesn't really matter. If thinking of cute clothes helps you get from A to B, what could be 'bad" about it. I even went out and brought a cute dress in a smaller size to help me loss my last 15 lbs (I have my eye on the prize). I actually look at it my closet when I start thinking about things like icecream too much.
  • Cheyenne_K_
    Cheyenne_K_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That was my first motivation. And using pictures to track progress, IMHO, is better than the scale. Ive been at the same weight for the last month and a half but know I have lost fat through pictures and how my clothes feel.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

+1

• hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    It definitely isn't a bad motivation. I think, although not everyone may be a fashion victim, looking good and feeling better about themselves is part of pretty much everyone's motivation. Clothes are a big part of that as it's how most of us express ourselves. If you can't wear the clothes you feel represent your personality, that's depressing.

It's definitely part of my motivation, too. As a big girl, I have zero fashion sense. However, give me a thinner girl that I'm supposed to create a style for and I have a million ideas. Although that fills me with anxiety. I think if I have have no problem with being overweight anymore, it'll be replaced by money problems because I won't be able to stop buying clothes. :#
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    hellokathy wrote: »
    If you can't wear the clothes you feel represent your personality, that's depressing.

This is SOOO true, and it's been a driving force in my low self esteem problem for many years. I love fashion, but I haven't been able to truly participate in fashion until now. Like it or not, we all express ourselves through what we wear. Now that I fit into standard sizes, I can dress how I feel instead of being forced to wear what will fit.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    how you dress is a HUGE part of expressing our individuality.

having the inside not match the outside is MAD FRUSTRATING.

wanting to fix that misalignment is what got me started, but a way awesome lifestyle is what kept me hooked.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It definitely keeps me on track. I sometimes notice the bulges in my clothes before I think to weigh myself on the scale.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I can't say I used clothes to motivate me to lose weight but now that the weight's off through healthy eating and exercise the clothing I have now keeps me motivated to do that workout some days because I will NOT have a spare tire over my jeans ever again!
  • craftymommy
    craftymommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love your socks!

Yes, looking cute in clothes and feeling good about the way I look in my smaller clothes is definitely a big motivation.
  • AgentRomanova
    Options
    I think looking good in the clothes they like is part of most everyone's motivation, and having fashion focused goals is completely fine and not at all bad motivation. It's a big part of my motivation too; there are a lot of clothes I'd like to wear that I never have because of my body, and the idea of getting to wear that stuff motivates me.

I'm currently tracking myself without a scale and through what I look like too, I'm using clothes and how they fit to determine whether I'm gaining or losing. Friend me if you like? Your fashion sense is super cute.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why have you taken a picture with your fingers up at everyone?