Options
13»

Replies

• FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    backin3 wrote: »
    FaridPERU wrote: »
    im listen rage againts the machine, hollywood undead, acdc, volbeat, metallica, the offspring, pantera, its extreme oposite to yout list!! :)

Hollywood Undead, Volbeat and The Offspring are definitely some of my favorites. If I had to pick 10 songs that I LOVE working out/running/biking to, it would be these (though I have a ton of favorite songs....)

1) Down With the Sickness and Stupify - Disturbed (naturally! Both are such great pump up songs!)
    2) In the End - Black Veil Brides (they're a new favorite of mine)
    3) You're Going Down - Sick Puppies (kick *kitten* song)
    4) We Own It - 2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa
    5) Bulletproof and No One Gets Left Behind - Five Finger Death Punch (they're great sprinting songs)
    6) Nothing Left To Lose - Heaven's Basement
    7) A Warrior's Call - Volbeat (which you probably already have)
    8) Come With Me Now - KONGOS
    9) Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard (just looove this song, and has a good beat)
    10) Boss's Daughter - Pop Evil

The list could go on and on...I didn't even get a chance to go through all my songs! I have a lot of Shinedown, Nickelback, Hollywood Undead on my playlists, as well as random pop/rap songs, and some country songs. The best country music for fitness IMO is Big & Rich, especially Fake ID featuring Gretchen Wilson. Fun song to workout to!

volbeat - warriors cal one of my favorites!!
  • FaridPERU
    Options
    Romey84 wrote: »
    Another rocker/metalhead head here.

My list includes:

Ozzy Osbourne- Let me hear you scream
    Ozzy Osbourne- Hellraiser
    Ozzy Osbourne- Desire
    AC/DC- Thunderstruck
    AC/DC- Highway to hell
    AC/DC- High Voltage
    Judas Priest- Living after Midnight
    Judas Priest- Turbo Lover
    Sammy Hagar- Theres only one way to rock
    Toys in the Attic- Aerosmith
    Under and Over it- Five Finger Death Punch
    Stillborn- Black Label Society
    Motorhead- Born to Raise Hell
    Sevendust- Black
    Rocket- Def Leppard
    Black Sabbath- Children of the Grave

and many others.

Interestingly enough, it also includes the "Hymn of the USSR" because it is inspiring and uplifting from a musical standpoint. Helps to be part Russian too. =P

men!!
    you forgot to include judas priest - you got another thing comming lml

• Kahil01
    Kahil01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. Smack my *kitten* Up-Prodigy
    2. You're Going Down-Sick Puppies
    3. Invicible-Adelita's Way
    4. Immortal-Eve to Adam
    5. Vilify-Device
    6. Cryin' Like a *kitten*-Godsmack
    7. Pride-Soil
    8. Murder is *kitten*-Nothingface
    9. Breathe-Prodigy
    10. Love the Way You Hate Me-Like a Storm

I didn't read the list so forgive me if there are repeats :)
  • arnold824
    Options
    Lux Aeterna - Clint Mansell
    Turn Down For What - DJ Snake, Lil John
    Bangarang - Skrillex

B.o.B
    1. Magic
    2. So Good
    3. Airplanes

Maroon 5
    1. One More Night
    2. Misery
    3. This Love
    4. Won't Go Home Without You
    5. Makes Me Wonder
    6. Never Gonna Leave This Bed
    7. Wake Up Call

But lately I've been playing sitcoms while working out like "Martin" or "My Wife and Kids", I dunno it's weird but I really like hearing their dialogues while working out.
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    amy0louise wrote: »

hahhaha ooops! Well, sorry if that was unhelpful! Maybe someone else on the thread who's into electronic/pop/dance might like them ;)

I don't know anything about rock but I might give those bands a go to change up my playlist.. have been on the same vibe a while now!!!

I was totally about to post how awesome it is to see a songs thread that isn't all country and death metal lol!!

Here are some from my Spotify playlist:

Bad Girls (Leo Justi remix)- MIA
    Wings - Little Mix
    Drop It Low - Esther Dean
    Crystalline (Oma Souleyman Remix) - Bjork
    Red Eye (edited version) - Kid Cudi
    CandyMan - RedOne mix - Christina Aguilera
    368 - B.o.B.
    Exotic on the Speaker - Soulico

haha yaaaay, well glad that at least I'm glad someone likes those kind of songs haha!
    I'm really surprised people are so into rock for workout songs?! I would have thought everyone needs a good strong dance beat to match their pace?! Oh well!

Thanks for yours, I will check them out! Wings is a cute song and it has those strong claps, I can see that working well!

Ps. I thought your username was like "so *kitten* sick" and then I realised it was sofa king?! haha.
  • maria0elisa
    edited December 2014
    Options

hahhaha ooops! Well, sorry if that was unhelpful! Maybe someone else on the thread who's into electronic/pop/dance might like them ;)

I don't know anything about rock but I might give those bands a go to change up my playlist.. have been on the same vibe a while now!!!

I was totally about to post how awesome it is to see a songs thread that isn't all country and death metal lol!!

Wings - Little Mix
    368 - B.o.B.

Also I really need lyrics to focus on and keep me going?! oh well, everyone's different I suppose.
    And as I said above, a workout song is not necessarily a "good song" and your favourite track is not necessarily a good one for a workout!

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Wings - Little Mix
    368 - B.o.B.

haha yaaaay, well glad that at least I'm glad someone likes those kind of songs haha!
    I'm really surprised people are so into rock for workout songs?! I would have thought everyone needs a good strong dance beat to match their pace?! Oh well!

Thanks for yours, I will check them out! Wings is a cute song and it has those strong claps, I can see that working well!

Ps. I thought your username was like "so *kitten* sick" and then I realised it was sofa king?! haha.

Lol I agree that some good pop/dance beat songs are fun to workout to, but you gotta get into the rock and metal to really give you that "I can kick everyone's *kitten*" attitude!
  • maria0elisa
    Options

Wings - Little Mix
    368 - B.o.B.

Lol I agree that some good pop/dance beat songs are fun to workout to, but you gotta get into the rock and metal to really give you that "I can kick everyone's *kitten*" attitude!

fair enough-- I will give it a try!!!

SO- anyone got any good rock recommendations for someone who knows nothing about the genre and comes from a more electronic background?!?!
    I like the 'guitars' aspect of rock (lol) but I like actual singing rather than the screaming and RAAAAAR aspects.
  • arnold824
    arnold824 Posts: 52
    edited December 2014
    Options

Wings - Little Mix
    368 - B.o.B.

SO- anyone got any good rock recommendations for someone who knows nothing about the genre and comes from a more electronic background?!?!
    I like the 'guitars' aspect of rock (lol) but I like actual singing rather than the screaming and RAAAAAR aspects.

Millie Jackson - Love Quake (https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=dVmBonua7pA)
    This is more in the lines of "soul" but it's actually very good especially when I'm lifting and she says "I wanna feel the earth move", I could feel like I could move the earth and I get pumped.

The message is actually about doing "it" so hard that the "earth will move" but if you can disregard that and listen to the power of her voice, it's a good song to exercise with :smile:
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Wings - Little Mix
    368 - B.o.B.

You would probably like Five Finger Death Punch and Avenged Sevenfold. They have faster paced/heavier songs, but not so much screaming. I'm not a fan of the heavy metal/screaming stuff that you have no clue what they're saying or why haha. Bullet For My Valentine has some screaming, but I love them. Your Betrayal, Pretty on the Outside and Bittersweet Memories are some of my favorites off the top of my head by BFMV. Disturbed, Hollywood Undead, Volbeat, Linkin Park, Pop Evil, Shinedown, the Offspring, Nickelback has some good songs for working out (I really like Animals, Burn it to the Ground and Side of a Bullet). There's so many options :) I have two older brothers so a lot of my music taste comes from that!
  • AlinaRose17
    AlinaRose17 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would try 80's hair metal bands too- stuff like Poison, Motley Crue, Great White, White Snake, with some Judas Priest, and Ozzy Osbourne thrown in for good measure. =)
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    arnold824 wrote: »

Wings - Little Mix
    368 - B.o.B.

Millie Jackson - Love Quake (https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=dVmBonua7pA)
    This is more in the lines of "soul" but it's actually very good especially when I'm lifting and she says "I wanna feel the earth move", I could feel like I could move the earth and I get pumped.

The message is actually about doing "it" so hard that the "earth will move" but if you can disregard that and listen to the power of her voice, it's a good song to exercise with :smile:

Wings - Little Mix
    368 - B.o.B.

You would probably like Five Finger Death Punch and Avenged Sevenfold. They have faster paced/heavier songs, but not so much screaming. I'm not a fan of the heavy metal/screaming stuff that you have no clue what they're saying or why haha. Bullet For My Valentine has some screaming, but I love them. Your Betrayal, Pretty on the Outside and Bittersweet Memories are some of my favorites off the top of my head by BFMV. Disturbed, Hollywood Undead, Volbeat, Linkin Park, Pop Evil, Shinedown, the Offspring, Nickelback has some good songs for working out (I really like Animals, Burn it to the Ground and Side of a Bullet). There's so many options :) I have two older brothers so a lot of my music taste comes from that!
    Romey84 wrote: »
    I would try 80's hair metal bands too- stuff like Poison, Motley Crue, Great White, White Snake, with some Judas Priest, and Ozzy Osbourne thrown in for good measure. =)

Thanks for the recommendations!! Branching out haha! x
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I can't think of another 'metal' band that I like besides Tool. It just makes me feel crappy and depressed instead of fired up and agro.

I love The Offspring but are they metal?
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas posted here! Here's the list I'm using right now for running intervals:

1. Cake-The Distance (love this for warm up)
    2. Immigrant Song-Led Zeppelin
    3. Kashmir-same
    4. Sing- (Workout Mix from 2014 vol. 2 40 top hits)
    5. Get Lucky-(55 Running Remixes- Smash Hits)
    6. Don't you worry Child (55 Running Remixes- Smash Hits)
    7. Lose Yourself-Eminem
    8. La La La (Workout Mix from 2014 vol. 2 40 top hits)
    9. Whole Lotta Love-Zeppelin
    10. Turn down for what-(55 Running Remixes- Smash HitsMix)
    11. All of Me (55 Running Remixes- Smash Hits)
    12. Back in Black-AC/DC
    13. Happy (55 Running Remixes- Smash Hits)
    14. Stairway to Heaven-cool down
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Off to make the ultimate Grooveshark playlist out of all of this. I love Cat Empire but it's getting a bit overused these days. Gotta mix it up.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So a few (I don't have a top 10 - I'd get bored too fast):
    Cat Empire - Days Like These
    Streetlight Manifesto - Keasbey Nights
    Awolnation - Sail
    Halestorm - Love Bites (So Do I) / I miss the Misery (tie?)
    The Damned Things - Friday Night / Bad Blood
    MSTRKRFT - Heartbreaker
    Biffy Clyro - Who's Got a Match?
    Anything Girl Talk, if I'm stuck on what to listen to
    The Who - Better, Better, You Bet / Behind Blue Eyes
    White Lies - Bigger than Us
    Kanye West - Power (I don't know what it is, he does good workout music...)

That's a pretty diverse list... but I have so many different playlists for different moods... ha.
  • FaridPERU
    Options
    I can't think of another 'metal' band that I like besides Tool. It just makes me feel crappy and depressed instead of fired up and agro.

I love The Offspring but are they metal?

the offspring are a GOOD BAND!! but they dont!! hehe
  • FaridPERU
    Options
    Hollywood Undead Comin' in Hot
    Ozzy Osborne - crazy train
    Metallica - aint my *kitten*
    Metallica - Bad seed
    Rage agains the machine - renegades of funk