To all the mommy's

Options
I am just curious about how your body looks as you lose weight. I've had three boys and have lost 20 pounds so far since I've started my MFP journey. I know my stomach will never look the same as it did before I had my boys due to stretch marks but I was just kind of wondering about the extra skin. I feel like I will always have a little pouch but I didn't know if it's possible to tighten that up without having surgery. I'm about 10 pounds away from my goal. I know a lot of people say the last part that goes is your midsection but I feel like I haven't lost anything around my middle. I am going to start doing crunches and planks at night along with my other workouts but is there something else I can do? I really want to wear a bikini again and I don't mind the fact that I will have stretch marks (being tan seems to help that) but I don't want to have a huge belly while the rest of me looks awesome.

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My stomach is relatively flat. I'm a lower Body Fat %, about 18-20. Which is where I think the flatness finally came from. I do a lot of core work as well. I think the key to my success in this area has been working with a dr to balance my cortisol levels and hormones. I'm 40 and my youngest is 12, which makes a difference too. The stretch marks will always be there without surgery, but take GLA and use creams to diminish the appearance.
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 children as well and still have my pouch. I work hard at toning my abs but nothing I do will get rid of it. I've accepted that I always will. Sorry to be a downer!
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This workout http://torquefitness.blogspot.com/2011/05/workout-for-week-sexy-core.html is what has helped me. I put on 100 pounds being pregnant (bedrest sucks!) and this core workout has really helped with it. Plus eating rigt is a big thing!