Buddies WANTED!

Options
Hello my name is Courtney :#
I am somewhat new to myfitnesspal and I would like more friends! I want to be motivated when I scroll through the newsfeed (I only have 3 friends :neutral_face:)

anyways, I am 20 years old... lowest and healthiest weight being 125 but then I suddenly began GAINING SO MUCH WEIGHT and I couldnt figure out why! but at the beggining of the year I found a noudule on my neck! I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and hosimotos disease (SO THATS WHY IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT OH!) so yeah, they did a biopsy and found cancer cells so August 1st I had a total thyroidectomy and now I am on synthroid, have made a full recovery, and am ready to get my body back into shape!! my goal is to be back down to 115-125 by june, july, or august! I am determined :#

When I started I was 165 and now I am 160 so yay my first 5 pounds!

anyways hope to meet some of you guys soon. :)

Replies

• Rikuya
    Rikuya Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, Courtney!!! I'm brand new to MFP and need friends too. I'm very happy to hear you've made a full recovery!
  • joek5637
    joek5637 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    if you need a friend here Iam glad to hear you mad e full recovery
  • queenncourt
    Options
    Rikuya wrote: »
    Hello, Courtney!!! I'm brand new to MFP and need friends too. I'm very happy to hear you've made a full recovery!
    joek5637 wrote: »
    if you need a friend here Iam glad to hear you mad e full recovery

YAY. and yeah thyroid cancer is like "the good kind of cancer" weird right?? how could cancer be "good" (the symtoms of it suck and having to take radioactive iodine pills to kill it sucks because you have to be put in quarentine for like a week or two because you become radioactive and dangerous to be around... and it literally kills your immune system like i was sick and stuff for a while) but its considered the good kind because the prognosis is like 97% .. It still totally sucked having to have surgery and having to take medication for the rest of courtneydome BUT i feel SO MUCH BETTER. hypothyroidism is seriously the worst in the world and now its all good and I feel incredible. THANK YOU BOTH for responding and sending requests! :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's an insane backstory. I'm a terrible friend, though, so I'm just passing through.
  • queenncourt
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    Wow, that's an insane backstory. I'm a terrible friend, though, so I'm just passing through.

Hahawell thanks for stopping by!
  • mrdavis909
    mrdavis909 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a successful recovery! Adding you!
  • queenncourt
    Options
    mrdavis909 wrote: »
    Congrats on a successful recovery! Adding you!

sent you a friend request! thanks for your response :)
  • shooting_star27
    shooting_star27 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are recovering well! I'm always on the lookout for new MFP friends if you'd like to give me an add. :)
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Courtney! So glad to hear you have made a full recovery! I can imagine it was unnerving not knowing what was causing your weight gain, but so happy you found out and it's now corrected. Feel free to add me as a friend as well! I am relatively new to MFP (just started about a week-and-a-half ago) and I can always use more buddies!! And congrats on losing your first five pounds!! :smiley:
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFT Courtney, you've come to the right place... This is an awesome place to be with so many people that will help motivate each other!
    Please feel free to add me, I'm a constant logger and on here pretty much all the time!

Either way, I wish you all the very best with your journey!
  • queenncourt
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are recovering well! I'm always on the lookout for new MFP friends if you'd like to give me an add. :)
    Thanks I will :D
    dln1975 wrote: »
    Hi Courtney! So glad to hear you have made a full recovery! I can imagine it was unnerving not knowing what was causing your weight gain, but so happy you found out and it's now corrected. Feel free to add me as a friend as well! I am relatively new to MFP (just started about a week-and-a-half ago) and I can always use more buddies!! And congrats on losing your first five pounds!! :smiley:
    Thank you, thank you! I am feeling much better! and I am adding you now! :)
    Adam2k10 wrote: »
    Welcome to MFT Courtney, you've come to the right place... This is an awesome place to be with so many people that will help motivate each other!
    Please feel free to add me, I'm a constant logger and on here pretty much all the time!

Either way, I wish you all the very best with your journey!

Thank you for your response I am adding you as well. :D
  • ORgal
    ORgal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear you're feeling better Courtney! My mother had the same problem & is doing great now. Feel free to add me as a buddy as I'm just getting started again on MFP & need more buddies for mutual encouragement as well. Keep up the good work--5 lbs is great! Have a nice weekend.
  • KaraStack2013
    KaraStack2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great to see your results so far!! also want new friends on here- I had a C6C7 spinal fusion in June and am unable to exercise so need to get this diet thing in order-I'll add you-Kara
  • margaretlouise123
    margaretlouise123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Waw you have been through alot thats great your looking after your health iv sent you a friend request
  • queenncourt
    Options
    ORgal wrote: »
    So glad to hear you're feeling better Courtney! My mother had the same problem & is doing great now. Feel free to add me as a buddy as I'm just getting started again on MFP & need more buddies for mutual encouragement as well. Keep up the good work--5 lbs is great! Have a nice weekend.

I am so sorry about your mother! I hope she is feeling better and has a wonderful endo who meets all her needs!! :) I am sending you a request!
  • queenncourt
    Options
    Great to see your results so far!! also want new friends on here- I had a C6C7 spinal fusion in June and am unable to exercise so need to get this diet thing in order-I'll add you-Kara

OMG THAT SOUNDS SO HARD I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT. These things can make us stronger as long as we allow them to! We just got to keep our heads up and keep working towards our goals. We can do it! <3
  • queenncourt
    Options
    Waw you have been through alot thats great your looking after your health iv sent you a friend request

Thank you so much! :D
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear that you kicked cancer's *kitten*! I'm Cece & I sent you a request :)
  • queenncourt
    Options
    cecesquats wrote: »
    So glad to hear that you kicked cancer's *kitten*! I'm Cece & I sent you a request :)

• 40Jamieful
    40Jamieful Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your major victory! I wish you the best.