control when eating out...

Options
I am going to a ball tomorrow evening with my wife and I am going to be entertaining clients and no doubt there will be lots of alcohol flowing along with several courses to the meal....how am I supposed to control my calorie in-take in such a situation? any words of wisdom?

106577.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• sunilshah123
    sunilshah123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am going to a ball tomorrow evening with my wife and I am going to be entertaining clients and no doubt there will be lots of alcohol flowing along with several courses to the meal....how am I supposed to control my calorie in-take in such a situation? any words of wisdom?

106577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • maclea98
    Options
    pull a sickie mate
  • sunilshah123
    Options
    need to do go...and anyhow will be good fun..
  • maclea98
    Options
    well cut the booze full stop or your fightin a loosin battle ive no drank in 12 weeks , only way 2 loose it in my opinion , you do all the good work durin the week and the drink mucks it all up.
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think the first thing is to deal with the alcohol situation. You can sip on gingerale or diet Coke or something without alcohol on the rocks. Then you have a shot at not overeating on the six courses. I have always blown it on the eating if I'm drinking alcohol. I don't know if others have had the same experience or not, but if they haven't, they have more control than I do. Good luck!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Watch your portions. If you're presented with a platter of food, don't finish it off. Just eat half. I agree with Bobbie & keep a non-alcoholic drink in your hand. Ice water, iced tea, diet soda. Have a drink or 2 if you want, just don't over indulge.

Good luck to you & have fun! Try not to focus on what you're NOT doing, focus on having fun & spending time with your wife.
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options
    Offer to be a designated driver (ie the driver who's not drinking) that way you have an "excuse" to not drink.
  • sunilshah123
    Options
    all really good suggestions....i have not eaten much all day and have been to spinning in the gym so I figure I have about 1400 calories to spend tonight. That could be 10 large vodka's plus starters...or is this the wrong way to think abou it?:drinker:
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Is tonight the night? Let us know how it goes and Good Luck!! Have a great time!!
  • sunilshah123
    Options
    I had a really good time......but pretty bad on the alcohol/food front...see below for you amusement. Was back in the gym today and feeling pretty guilty.

Breakfast
    Eggs - Poached (whole egg), 1 large 74 0 5 6 remove
    Tesco - Wholemeal Bread Medium Slice, 2 slice 160 28 2 8 remove
    Tesco - Baked Beans, 1/2 tin 140 22 1 10 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 374 50 8 24

Lunch
    Batchelors Cup A Soup - Minestrone, 175 g 63 12 1 1 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 63 12 1 1
    Dinner
    Lamb Chops Lean, 3 chop 480 0 20 71 remove
    Ratatouille, 1.5 cup 227 17 19 3 remove
    Jack Daniel's - Alcohol, 3 shot 216 0 0 0 remove
    Wine - Table, red, 3 glass (3.5 fl oz) 222 5 0 1 remove
    Kroger - Cheese on Cheese Crackers, 1 package 190 23 9 3 remove
    Hannaford - Butterscotch Pudding, 6 oz 190 23 10 1 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 1,525 68 58 79

Snacks
    Goodfellas - Thin and Crispy Pizza Pepperoni , 1/2 a pizza 412 42 20 16 remove
    sambuca, 4 shot 384 0 0 0 remove
    Generic - Champagne, 4 container (4 oz ea.) 400 19 0 0 remove
    Fresh Fruit- Banana - Banana, 2 medium 7"-8" 210 54 0 2 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 1,406 115 20 18
    Total: 3,368 245 87 122
    Your Daily Goal: 1,700 233 56 63
    Remaining: -1,668 -12 -31 -59

*You've earned 500 extra calories from exercise today
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Start over again tomorrow! You'll make it!
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    I liked the 4 shots of Sambuca under the snacks!:drinker: Looks like you had a great time!:tongue:
    Bobbie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If you just think of it this way....a few months ago you ate like this without THINKING about it!!

Dont even think about this day. Just move on from this moment.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LOL My favorite was the fact that you logged a banana right after the champagne & sambuca.

Don't feel guilty & beat yourself up about it. It was just one day. You logged everything, got up the next day & hit the gym. Those are both BIG steps in the right direction. One day isn't going to make or break you. Just make really good decisions for the rest of the week.
  • sunilshah123
    Options
    ha ha yes..had the bananna after the gym actualy...i had half a pizza which the baby sitter left in the fridge when i got home from the ball...and I really felt hungry the next day - really had to fight it.

getting back into the swing of things now.

Looking back I cannot believe how many calories there are in sambuca!! it is really sticky which should have given me clues..however I just sort of went with the flow/led the charge!

I did feel really bad the next day...and I hope that I can make it back but dont try this at home folk it is hard to get back into the swing of things, I have sort of edged back and has probably put me back 2-3 days...though what a night!