ZUMBA???

Options
Is anyone out there doing Zumba? I have it at my gym for 3 times a week and I was going regularly until some family things happened, but I am starting back tomorrow and didn't know if anyone has actually had some luck with doing it? I am eating better, but face it, I am not gonna go on any crazy diet. Sorry, just not gonna happen. We have cut out junk food and going out to eat at fast food restaurants and no more sweets etc.

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    OMG Girl, TONS of people have had luck with Zumba, including me. I burn up to 850 calories a class!!!
  • melischemitz
    melischemitz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do it a few times a week, and since I've started counting calories on MFP also, I've lost weight doing it, plus other things. But it didn't make a huge difference for me until I was aware of my calorie intake.
  • ccclay
    ccclay Posts: 28
    Options
    I really want to try Zumba too, but not sure how much it differs from the other dance based classes in the gym?
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    Zumba rocks the casbah!!! Funnest way to burn a ton of calories, in my opinion :))
  • aprildarby
    aprildarby Posts: 4
    Options
    Well I loved it when I was going before, I just didnt know how much it actually works. I hardly have time for anything else. I have to make the time to do those 3 days of it for an hour each class. But I do love it. I just hope when I get back into it that I will see some changes....
  • SJHiker
    SJHiker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ZUmba is an amazing workout! Hoping I can actually work up to it! :blushing:
  • sharonsylvester
    sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I actually started Zumba two weeks ago, but I just do the videos I don't go to classed. I find it to be a very fun workout and I am shedding inches which is great. I hope I can keep it up for at least two months, I tend to get bored very easy.
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just came back from Zumba class! I love it. I have it for the Xbox Kinnect too which is great but have just started going to 'live' classes to be with some other peeps. It's definitely a good work out. Today I was the only person who showed up so I had a one on one with the trainer...man that gal can move!!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Zumba classes and went a couple times per week when I went to a gym that taught them. I stopped going when they just became too crowded. I wasn't doing anything about my diet at the time, so I can't say they made any difference in that vein, but they were extremely helpful to help me get started working out. I started running and gave up my gym membership and lost some weight, but it wasn't until I got a handle on what and how much I was eating that I saw the pounds come off. Before MFP I lost about 20 pounds over the course of a year and a half, and then in the last month and a half I've lost 7 - and due to a hamstring injury I've had to do less intense exercise for most of that time.

What I've learned from all of this is that your diet has more impact on weight loss than exercise, but doing any kind of exercise you'll do consistently has a benefit.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba about 3-4 times a week plus I walk/run on my days off from teh gym! I love it. It is so much fun and I am losing both inces and pounds