Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Cauliflower price?

Options

Replies

• BeginningAgainMay14
    Options
    Most stores here have them for 2.99, but they're 1.29 every day at Aldi.
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    $4 in NYC Metro area. I use a lot of frozen veggies! Easy to stock up on when on sale
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Markets. The price varies. I did get 3 small ones/ 2 medium for £1 the other day. I would say supermarket ones here would be about $1-$1.50.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Do you have any ethnic markets around you? I find produce to be at least half the price in Mexican, Middle Eastern, and Asian markets than at the local Kroger.... there is always a few kinds of vegetables on sale. I don't think I've ever made more than over a $1 per lb for cauliflower, usually much less.

• Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just went grocery shopping last night and non-organic was $3.49. They were a very good size though.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why do cauliflowers seem to be imported? It seems to be much more expensive in the USA.
  • dwambold
    dwambold Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    $7 for one small head. You can usually get them cheaper than that if you're willing to shop around though.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell .. I'm shocked

My cauliflower was £1 which is about $1.57, and that's from Waitrose (posh supermarket)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I found some at $3 today so I got one... a big one too. I need to start keeping a list of what stores have good prices on stuff, but what a drag...

If you have room, it's pretty easy to grow. It likes cooler weather.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I will have to look into it for next year for sure. We've been growing veggies not those.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The last time I bought fresh cauliflower it was at a vegetable stand and it was $3.00 for a medium size head. It's about $4.00 a head in the grocery store.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I think cauliflower for me is close to $2.49 - $2.99. I think. I love it actually. I sometimes by the steamer bags like Publix which are usually 2 for $5. Sometimes on sale for 3 for $5. Maybe I should try Aldi or a farmers market idk.
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I bought 2lb bags of fresh cauliflower florets at Costco last night for $3.50 each. Whole heads were ~ $2 per at TJ.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    I cannot believe how cheap some of you all get cauliflower!! Runs about $4-7 here.
  • kasiaj
    kasiaj Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It was either $1.29 or $1.39 yesterday at Aldi's (can't remember which one was for cauliflower and which was for broccoli).
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    $4.50 a pound right now, not in season.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Went to the closest large mainstream supermarket near me this morning (Jewel) and checked the cauliflower. $1.99 for regular, $3.99 for organic.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    The supermarkets here tend to charge around £1 for a small head, the green grocers are around £1 for a massive one.
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Last time I bought some it was 2 heads for .99 cents. They're cheap here in a local store here in California. Bananas are 4 lbs for 99 cents too. Broccoli 2 lbs for 99 cents.