Quest bars?

Options

Replies

• chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I usually have the double choc chunk between lunch and dinner, tasty while you are eating it but leaves a horrible sweet after taste (stevia maybe). I have to chew gum immediately after.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've only heard of quest bars on here but haven't tried them yet, based on what many of you are saying I may try them. I usually eat KIND bars, does anyone know how they compare?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    I've only heard of quest bars on here but haven't tried them yet, based on what many of you are saying I may try them. I usually eat KIND bars, does anyone know how they compare?

Quest bars have at least twice the protein and probably more of the fiber for the calories and you get more delicious flavor options. :smile:

And Quest bars have more of a smooth texture than the Kind bars' nuts slapped together texture.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Taste wise for me Kind wins hands down, but Quest bars are way more filling and have better macros.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Quest bars have at least twice the protein and probably more of the fiber for the calories and you get more delicious flavor options. :smile:

And Quest bars have more of a smooth texture than the Kind bars' nuts slapped together texture.

Francl27 wrote: »

Taste wise for me Kind wins hands down, but Quest bars are way more filling and have better macros.

Thank you both, that is very helpful. I like the lightness and texture of Kind bars so I may try Quest alongside them instead of as a replacement. I usually eat one just before swimming so if the Quest bar is more filling it might cause reflux.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    -what was your experience with eating quest bars? did they make you full easily?
    -what is another cheaper place to get them other than GNC?
    -which is the tastiest flavor?
    -do they usually taste good
    -are they worth the extra bucks?
    -would u recommend them to other people?
    -how long do they keep you full for?
    -anything else u would like to add

1.taste: cookie dough and cookies and cream are good the rest are not that great.
    2.do they fill you up: NO, more like a healthy candy bar
    3.online you can buy a case of 12 at about $2.10 a bar
    4.cookie dough then cookies and cream. have tried at least 7 flavors
    5. not every flavor is good
    6. I think so but depends on the person
    7. yes
    8. they dont, 0sec
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My experience so far has been that the flavors have either been "pretty good" (apple pie, cinnamon roll) to
    "edible" (strawberry cheesecake, lemon pie). Those are the only flavors I've been able to round up locally but I'm will to give whatever I find a try. While I haven't tasted anything that sends me into a shuddering mouth-gasm, I also haven't tasted anything that would make me hold my nose and choke it down like some protein bars.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have a quest bar every morning on my way to work. It's quick, simple and a good way to start my day. My favorite flavors are the white chocolate raspberry, cookie dough and cookies & cream. I usually put them in the microwave for 7 seconds just to soften them up. I am super excited to try the s'mores one (hopefully i'm disappointed) The banana nut & lemon are awful!!!
  • emilyGPK
    emilyGPK Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can buy them by the box from Amazon for less.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I have a quest bar every morning on my way to work. It's quick, simple and a good way to start my day. My favorite flavors are the white chocolate raspberry, cookie dough and cookies & cream. I usually put them in the microwave for 7 seconds just to soften them up. I am super excited to try the s'mores one (hopefully i'm disappointed) The banana nut & lemon are awful!!!

It was good. bgi8ht9e4po4.jpg

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    -what was your experience with eating quest bars?

At first, I actually really didn't like them. I got a bad (very hard and oily) batch from GNC and a flavor I don't care for (chocolate brownie). Then I tried a few others that my husband bought and found I really do like them.

did they make you full easily? Combined with a banana and coffee, I have one for breakfast every work day.

-what is another cheaper place to get them other than GNC? We got them off of Quest.com or bodybuilding.com. If I am short on time, our local Max Muscle carries them for a buck more than with the shipping.

-which is the tastiest flavor? For me, I LOVE the chocolate chip cookie dough and coconut cashew. Others I also like are white chocolate raspberry, strawberry cheesecake, apple pie and cinnamon roll.

-do they usually taste good? Yes....except the brownie flavor....YUCK!

-are they worth the extra bucks? When I don't have time to cook and need some extra protein....for sure!

-would u recommend them to other people? All the time.

-how long do they keep you full for? A couple hours

-anything else u would like to add[/quote] We recently tried the chips and I like them....BBQ flavor was great. I aslo liked the cheddar and sour cream and sea salt. My husband likes the sour cream and onion. Those chips REALLY fill me up and kept me full for hours.

• elephantlovex
    Options
    I like Quest bars for the occasional treat :) They're a little under $3 in VA, which is still pretty pricy to me. I prefer to just get protein from whole foods. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my favorite!
  • Christine_1027
    Options
    hi everyone, thanks for the replies! I tried my first quest bar today, and afterwards I felt kind of light headed for hours... anyone know if this is normal?
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi - I eat them regularly and I've never felt lightheaded. Not sure what would cause that?
  • Christine_1027
    Options
    Hi - I eat them regularly and I've never felt lightheaded. Not sure what would cause that?

now that I think about it, it was probably just low blood sugar from skipping lunch that day
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I don't like them enough to buy them on the reg. I prefer think thin brand
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just ordered online directly from the Quest Nutrition website and got free shipping using coupon code "OnAQuest".
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    My approach to weight loss is more about eating the foods I enjoy and always eat anyway, just eating less of them. I cut back on the empty calorie food, add more fruits and veggies and lean proteins and whole grains, work on getting a nutritionally balanced diet. But mostly, it's about eating less food and fewer calories.

So, with that in mind, I don't really find it tempting to spend my precious calories on one of these bars, when I could be spending them on something I actually enjoy a whole lot more.

If you like them and they work for you, then great. But personally, I don't really see the point of eating protein bars or meal replacement bars. I can see how people trying to gain weight, train athletically, or who have specific dietary needs might find them useful. But for me personally, I'm really not looking for foods to *add* to my diet... more for ways to *take away* extra calories. So protein bars aren't really part of my plan.
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you are in Canada, you can get them from The Low Carb Grocery http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com for $3.05 for single bars and $33.96 per box ($2.83/bar) Canadian dollars. Shipping is reasonable, and free for orders over $100. I live in BC, and when i order from them, they arrive in 2 business days or less. There is an Ontario office, and a Burnaby office, so if you live close to either, you can expect fast shipping too. :)