not losing

Options
1!hi i am 2 weeks new and havent lost a pound. i havent been able to start weight training so i cannot say im building muscle. i consume 1200 calories sometimes alittle less but i think that covers any ingredients i neglect to add to log. i dont see inch loss either. i still have some muffin top whats going on!

Replies

• Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Just wanted to say I felt the SAME way until I amped up my exercise: I do 30 minutes of elliptical at least 5 times a week and one Bikram Yoga session once a week.
    I hadn't taken my health as a priority for a good 4 years after the birth of my twins...It takes time for your body, but keep on journaling and drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day and you will see results!

Hang in there,

E
  • FIRSTMENSCH
    FIRSTMENSCH Posts: 11
    Options
    ask yourself how long it took you to put all the excess weight on. It probably took a few years. Fortunately it won't take a few years to lose it, but it will take longer than 2 weeks. Hang in there.
  • harleypink
    harleypink Posts: 3
    Options
    okay i will try 30 min more a day ill let u know
  • brookola9
    brookola9 Posts: 1
    Options
    dont get discouraged! you will see some changes within the month or so! bump up that cardio and keep positive! :)
  • rmurphy31
    rmurphy31 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there-

I am no expert, but it could be lowered metabolism for eating under 1200, not loging all you consure and going over 1200 *it all adds up), lack of cardio (if your not doing any) or eating the wrong 1200 calories. It's just a numbers game... Good luck!
  • BettyBudski
    BettyBudski Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I wasn't losing anything either and I think it was because I was consuming too few calories. My net intake was averaging between 1000 and 1200 calories a day but I work a factory job and go to the gym every day, my body was in starvation mode, no metabolism, no energy, hungry all the time. I would suggest increasing your calories by 100 to 200 a day and see if that helps, make sure you are getting some sort of exercise every day too!!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    what's your height? I'm pretty sure you'll have to up your calories.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ask yourself how long it took you to put all the excess weight on. It probably took a few years. Fortunately it won't take a few years to lose it, but it will take longer than 2 weeks. Hang in there.

well said!
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising, you should be eating more than 1200 calories a day.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem last week. I eat about 1300-1500 a day (I'm allowed 1700+!!) and according to the scale I GAINED 4 lbs in a week (I'm blaming it on the fact that it was a different scale than I normally use :D)

But I also didn't exercise last week. I need to get back on track.
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way the first two weeks, but something seemed to change for me during week three. It just takes your body some time to get the hang of your new eating pattern and working out (if you are). Everybody's body is different, but hang in there and you'll see results!

6210249.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • harleypink
    harleypink Posts: 3
    Options
    5'3"