only water?

Options
With one exception for the past 4 weeks, I have only drank water, and a lot of it. Should I be including other beverages? Is it healthy to only drink water?

Replies

• joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    water is the only fluid you need. The rest is just luxury.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i think it's healthy to only drink water, but you might want to drink milk too for the calcium
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    Are you drinking any milk? Or taking a calcium supplement? Other than that, I think water is absolutely fine.
  • michbiase
    michbiase Posts: 10
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with only drinking water. It's really all you need in liquids. The only exception might be milk, if you are not getting enough calcium in your diet (although there are a lot of arguments about whether humans need to be drinking milk made for baby cows, but that's another story!) Juices, sodas, etc don't really give you the nutrients you need and are often loaded with sugar. I say drink away!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no need to drink any other liquid. You are awesome =)
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I try to drink only water or decaf teas, but absolutely take a calcium supplement to keep my bones strong. I've noticed a great improvement in my skin with drinking only water too!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    water is the only fluid you need. The rest is just luxury.

yep what she said
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    On your food diary page there's a little thinger at the bottom that looks like a glass, that's where you log your water.
  • olek78
    olek78 Posts: 8
    Options
    herbs are good and helping to loose some weight. mint tea, fennel tea, nettle... just brilliant, works for me. green and red tea as well.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    you dont' need anything other liquids but you do need calcium so if you are not drinking milk you should find it somewhere else.
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I started in January and have mainly only drank water. I drink milk with breakfast and in the past four months I can count on one hand non water drinks I have had.

Why waste calories in drinks that wont fill you up. Lol water also fills me up between meals and helps me eat less at meal time.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Water is all I have had for the past 55 days or so. This, coming from a guy who was swilling Diet Coke twice a day at a minimum before that. I do NOT miss the sodas at all. I kinda view them as very toxic to me...I think my particular body and sodas, diet or not, just do not get along. Like others have said, just water is absolutely fine but you might want to ensure you are getting enough calcium in your diet too (as well as the other essentials).
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I think it's healthy. I'm the same way. On the odd occasion, I'll have a can of sugar free energy drink, but other than that, all water.
  • kanga1980
    kanga1980 Posts: 22
    Options
    Funny how so many people are still brainwashed thinking milk is good for you. Sure, if you want an unnatural (to humans) drink loaded with growth hormones. Lies by the food industry is what got so many here in the first place. It is possible and a million times more healthy to get all your calcium needs from organic dark vegetables and leafy greens. Almond milk is also a good source.

You go girl! Water is all you need to stay healthy and hydrated. I prefer to throw a little wine in once in awhile too :)
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    i only drink water and peppermint, kava, and decaf green tea.