NSV (none scale victory).....

Options
So tonight i decided that I wanted some "comfort" food. I'm talking greasy, fried, cheesy, yeah the works right. It's been a loooong semester and I'd thought I would reward myself and wind down. Got home and I'm like yeah let me cook some breakfast...whatever I want. First i cooked grits (no butter/don't even have any in the house lol) and put literally 45 calories worth of cheese in them, next fried chicken.... PAN fried chicken breast (with like 2 tbsp olive oil), and toast (whole grain sprouted bread w/ flax seed)...and then pulled out the measuring spoon to measure my fruit spread for my toast lol. This is MY definition of comfort food hahah. It's amazing how my taste buds have changed drastically over the past two years. I get sick when i eat too much grease, can't stand the taste of anything too salty (bye bye chick fila and KFC) and can barely stand to have too much sugar in my diet (especially sugary drinks, yuck!!). I'd never thought that this would be my life. A life without fast food, salt, cakes, tea, and so much more. Now my life is full of veggies, fruits, protein shakes, apple cider vinegar, lean meats, and the list could go on.

Please share your stories/epiphanies?NSV's. I would certainly like to hear from those whom turned their lives around. :smile:

- Former OBESE girl.

Replies

• Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i hear ya:) My go-to snack when I have the munchies these days is either oatmeal with fruit or a multi-grain english muffin with peanut butter...so different than the "old" days:) I still like to have sweets sometimes, but I find I'm not craving them like I used to, and I'm better at portion control. And, if I do over-indulge, I don't beat myself up about it, I just work out more for a few days to counteract the extra calories.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My major craving that I just have to have everyday is salad!! All kinds of veggies, a bit of dressing and the soy bacon bits are a must! It's actually turned into a comfort food for me.
  • sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had a NSV last night when I went to Zumba. They had changed rooms and we had to do it in a room full of mirrors. My first thought was horror at watching myself exercise, but I came out of the room feeling good about myself. I have lost weight, I am not where I want to be, BUT I looked OK. Was a really good feeling :-)
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I've started craving fruit, rather than less healthy sweets and I'm also finding that my idea of a portion has completely changed (my biggest NSV so far!).
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So tonight i decided that I wanted some "comfort" food. I'm talking greasy, fried, cheesy, yeah the works right. It's been a loooong semester and I'd thought I would reward myself and wind down. Got home and I'm like yeah let me cook some breakfast...whatever I want. First i cooked grits (no butter/don't even have any in the house lol) and put literally 45 calories worth of cheese in them, next fried chicken.... PAN fried chicken breast (with like 2 tbsp olive oil), and toast (whole grain sprouted bread w/ flax seed)...and then pulled out the measuring spoon to measure my fruit spread for my toast lol. This is MY definition of comfort food hahah. It's amazing how my taste buds have changed drastically over the past two years. I get sick when i eat too much grease, can't stand the taste of anything too salty (bye bye chick fila and KFC) and can barely stand to have too much sugar in my diet (especially sugary drinks, yuck!!). I'd never thought that this would be my life. A life without fast food, salt, cakes, tea, and so much more. Now my life is full of veggies, fruits, protein shakes, apple cider vinegar, lean meats, and the list could go on.

Please share your stories/epiphanies?NSV's. I would certainly like to hear from those whom turned their lives around. :smile:

- Former OBESE girl.

This is so great!!! I had Taco Bell (my guilty pleasure) on a road trip this past summer and I immediately was so swollen I had to change into fat pants. I haven't had fast food since July.

My NSV last night is a big one for me. I am a chocolate "addict". When I get around it - it's like a drug for me. I bought my kids a couple Snickers Peanut Butter candy bars to share and I had ONE piece of it. Normally I would park somewhere and eat all of the candy bars and then hide the wrappers. And, when I was finished with my piece of candy I felt satisfied.

May seem silly to some but this was a big deal for me. My husband even commented about how different my relationship to food is now. Don't get me wrong...I still have really bad days...but last night was a real victory for me.

-India
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I hope I get to that point eventually, sounds like a great lifestyle change! Congrats!!
  • amcevers
    amcevers Posts: 12 Member
    Options

- Former OBESE girl.

This is so great!!! I had Taco Bell (my guilty pleasure) on a road trip this past summer and I immediately was so swollen I had to change into fat pants. I haven't had fast food since July.

My NSV last night is a big one for me. I am a chocolate "addict". When I get around it - it's like a drug for me. I bought my kids a couple Snickers Peanut Butter candy bars to share and I had ONE piece of it. Normally I would park somewhere and eat all of the candy bars and then hide the wrappers. And, when I was finished with my piece of candy I felt satisfied.

May seem silly to some but this was a big deal for me. My husband even commented about how different my relationship to food is now. Don't get me wrong...I still have really bad days...but last night was a real victory for me.

-India

I totally get it. Not with chocolate, but I'm like a crack addict when it comes to candy. I used to buy several bags and eat them all, then hide the wrappers. I still avoid it because I don't think I could eat just one.
  • butterflyemerge
    butterflyemerge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Congratulations!
  • lynnh2013
    Options
    Not hungry this week... No headache for two days...started Monday.
  • keana55
    keana55 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    First my Scale Victories: I've lost 72 pounds (age 65, 5'8") while dealing with a broken leg and its complications. The broken leg was finally my wake-up call. Thank you MFP for your tools and thanks to all the MFPer's with such inspiring success stories.

My NSV this week: Went clothes shopping with my daughter and she said "I never thought I would be trying on clothes in the same dressing room with you". I realized I had been plus size for two thirds of her life!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I have a similar story (although I'm still struggling to get where I want to be). The other night, wifey and I were like, damn, we are hungry and we are going to eat and not care about whatever it is. I seriously wound up choosing pre-cooked chicken breast and making an enormous salad with low cal dressing. I thought I would've grabbed buffalo wings and a sandwich, but I guess I must be feeling the crunch too much right now. Good for you OP and others!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Very well done :smiley:

Mine is the trousers I bought a few months ago and couldn't actually wear as there was too much of me and not enough of them, well... I can now get them on and off without undoing them :smiley:
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I have a similar story (although I'm still struggling to get where I want to be). The other night, wifey and I were like, damn, we are hungry and we are going to eat and not care about whatever it is. I seriously wound up choosing pre-cooked chicken breast and making an enormous salad with low cal dressing. I thought I would've grabbed buffalo wings and a sandwich, but I guess I must be feeling the crunch too much right now. Good for you OP and others!

"I'm not even going to weigh this lettuce! I'm going to eat as much as I want!" I had that feeling the other day.

I hate low-cal dressing so I use salsa in its place. 15+ calories depending on recipe or brand.

My most recent NSV: I fit into shorts I haven't been able to wear since 2006. They are no longer fashionable, but they fit.
  • Born_2_Lose
    Born_2_Lose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's genius, using salsa instead of dressing!!! Must try!
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    That's genius, using salsa instead of dressing!!! Must try!

Better still, make your own pico- just tomatoes, onions, jalepeno, fresh lime juice, and a small pinch of salt. Yum!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!