why am i stuck at 297

Options
I am a 6'1 male stuck at 297. I burn 500 calories a day for 3 days a week and eat 1500-2000. The app says im 4,000 under my weekly goal but im not losing any weight. Any ideas guys? My goal is to loose 3 pounds a week and my goal weight is 250. The app recomends i eat 2060 but i eat less then that.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are weighing everything you eat? I cannot emphasise this enough.

In my eyes, I see 3lb's a week to be too aggressive and not sustainable. You're probably going to start losing muscle, which you really don't want. Stick to 1-2lb's a week, much more sustainable.

• ilph21
    Options
    I understand what you're feeling. Don't cut down on your calories, just make sure you clear your daily values and eat plenty of vegetable/fruits. All I can say is try burning more calories & watch your carbohydrates. Don't give up; it's a good like you're doing. It's worth it.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking everyday ? Do you log water on here, or an external app ?

Have you been weighing your food ?

How many days a week are you working out and for how long ?
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    you are eating more then you think.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    ilph21 wrote: »
    I understand what you're feeling. Don't cut down on your calories, just make sure you clear your daily values and eat plenty of vegetable/fruits. All I can say is try burning more calories & watch your carbohydrates. Don't give up; it's a good like you're doing. It's worth it.

Why would you need to watch carbohydrates?

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a digital scale, choose the appropriate food from the database (or scan barcodes, build your own recipes) and log everything

Because I would imagine you are eating more than you think
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Same answers given to all other people with your question
  • vahag718
    Options
    i weigh everything, i've been eating healthier ( cut off all junk food), and i have been doing cardio 135 hours per week. Here is my typical day....
    .For breakfast 3 egg whites and one tomato fried in 1 tbsp of canola oil (about 300 calories)
    .For lunch either a 6'' subway sub or a chicken salad only greens chicken and vinnegrette ( about 400/500 calories)
    .For dinner.. a 4 oz piece of fish and a small sweet potato or another salad
    .snacks- fruit and or sunflower seeds (70- 100 calories)
    - my workout is a 45 minute bike ride 3 times a week
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    vahag718 wrote: »
    i weigh everything, i've been eating healthier ( cut off all junk food), and i have been doing cardio 135 hours per week. Here is my typical day....
    .For breakfast 3 egg whites and one tomato fried in 1 tbsp of canola oil (about 300 calories)
    .For lunch either a 6'' subway sub or a chicken salad only greens chicken and vinnegrette ( about 400/500 calories)

Typo?
  • vahag718
    Options

Typo?

YES BIG TYPO lol
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Care to open your diary?
    Gow long have you been stalled for? its not linear so soemtimes it moves and othertimes it doesnt.

The most common answers are you are eating more than you think and logging inaccurately.

You are burning less than you think.

You might be retaining water and need to be patient.
  • vahag718
    Options
    I don't drink a lot of water i find myself dehydrated multiple times during the day.
  • vahag718
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    You're eating more and burning fewer calories than you think.

i am not though
    everything is weighed and i use the map my ride app to calculate my calories burned according to it i lose 500 calories or more on my bike rides
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Maybe your scale is broken. B)

How long has your weight been the same?

What do you the other 4 days of the week, for physical activity?
  • vahag718
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I see the word about a lot^^^^

And how long have you been at 297?
    1500-2000 calories is a big range. You when it is people give a range like that? Whenjoy they are guessing.
    i am not guessing somedays i just don't feel like eating as much because i have manic depression

• vahag718
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Maybe your scale is broken. B)

How long has your weight been the same?

What do you the other 4 days of the week, for physical activity?
    ive been stuck at 297 for a week and a half and the other four days i walk to and from the train station which is not much (about a 20 minute walk)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary might help....
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    A few others have asked this - how long have you been at it?

If it's a few days or weeks, patience is the place to begin.

If it's been longer, even though you feel you are logging accurately, I'd estimate something like 95% of the people who think that and are genuinely stalled end up finding out they are not accurately estimating/logging calories eaten or burned. Take a longer, closer look at that.