2 ingredient magic shell topping

Options
missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
All you need is one to two tablespoons of peanut butter of your choice, and half to one full tablespoon of dark chocolate chips. Heat up your peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave; I start with 15 seconds and stir, and keep heating/stirring it in 10 seconds increments until the chocolate and peanut butter have melted together. You can spoon it over froyo or ice cream, and it will "harden" into a shell. I'm also going to be dipping frozen banana slices into it as well, for chocolate/peanut butter covered bananas.

My chips tend to go around 35 calories per half tablespoon (which is more than enough for this), and my peanut butter is 95 calories per tablespoon; I find that the full fat peanut butter works and tastes better than the reduced fat peanut butter. If you're sick of plain peanut butter, this is a great way to experiment with peanut butter for only a few more calories.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. Have to try this..
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Mygsds wrote: »
    Thanks so much. Have to try this..

You're welcome! And hopefully you have enough ingredients on hand to have it a few times; I tried it once and was hooked!