Fitbit sync issue

Options
Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the right board to ask but figured someone might be able to help. I have a fitbit flex and it had been syncing great until yesterday. I tried unlinking and re linking but mfp still says I took no steps today. Is anyone else having or has had this issue before? If do how did you correct it?

Replies

• Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have had a few issues with mine recently. Switching my phone off and on again seems to sort it out.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I was able to connect them again, but it seems like it is disconnecting on its own, if that makes sense.
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mine was also haywire yesterday, but it's working perfectly today. Did you unlink on both MFP and FitBit and then relink? That's what I had to do...
  • elphie754
    Options
    Yes I did, several times.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    Sometimes that crap just happens. I think part of the syncing process relies on fitbit's servers so if they're having issues, your sync will mess up. I'll be able to sync just fine and then randomly, it stops working. Then it'll work again later.
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    mine stopped working for about 5 hours yesterday, then around 11:30pm it finally synced up. just checked it again tonight (5:30p) and now MFP isnt showing my steps at all today... getting kinda pissy about this.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    my vivofit has not been syncing either - maybe an update issue?
  • ShrinkingMuslimah
    ShrinkingMuslimah Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit last night.
    I was having issues at first too, I just assumed it was because I was still figuring out how to use it.
    Now it's giving me extra calories to eat every time i walk to the bathroom. Not sure I like that, I only eat back workout cals, not cals from just walking around the house in my usual routine.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Now it's giving me extra calories to eat every time i walk to the bathroom. Not sure I like that, I only eat back workout cals, not cals from just walking around the house in my usual routine.

That is how it works .. but you can also set it to do negative calories as well. So .. check that out .. it is an option in your MFP settings.
  • ShrinkingMuslimah
    ShrinkingMuslimah Posts: 99 Member
    Options

That is how it works .. but you can also set it to do negative calories as well. So .. check that out .. it is an option in your MFP settings.

Thanks, I'll give that a try!
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mine is wonky since yesterday too. Usually when it's not synching properly I log out of the app and then sign back in. Also I will restart my phone.
    Since others are having same issue, I would give it a day and see what happens (once you've done the restarts.) If it continues, you might want to RESET your Fitbit, you can read how to do this on Fitbit site.
  • 2boys111
    2boys111 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I went through all FitBit's help section and did all the resets etc. It never helped. I ended up contacting them and they sent me a new one since mine was under a year old. However, I'm having trouble with my new one syncing now!! Ugh!!
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Try resetting it. put it in the charger and press a pin into the spot at the base of the cradle for 3 or 4 secs. fixed mine right up
  • elphie754
    Options
    Once again today it changed itself back to "not counting step" and shows me only taking 8 steps yesterday. Now it shows nothing. Starting to get frustrated because I use my fitbit to gauge how much I need to eat while working (more calories burned I eat more, less calories burned I stop). It is really frustrating. Seems to be from latest update. I have already done all resets and unlinked and linked them several times. They aren't even connecting on Internet (from computer not phone). If it continues I may have to just use the fitbit app. Not sure how great their food bank part is though.
  • kaseasteele
    kaseasteele Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Push the little restart button it has. I had to do that once when it wasn't charging. Has been working great since.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll give that a try!
    and set your settings to sedentary so that the Fitbit gives you your activity rate
  • elphie754
    Options
    This is getting frustrating. Everytime I want my fitbit to share data with mfp I have to disconnect and then reconnect. Mfp also keeps changing "steps by fit bit" to do not track steps.

I know its an issue with mfp since it started after I updated the mfp app.