Any women out there have mixed feelings about losing curves?

I've lost maybe 8 lbs. since January and a couple inches. I've taken some new shots, and my butt is literally disappearing. I have jeans I bought in early summer that are loose on me. I guess that should be something to be proud of, but I'm also losing weight in other areas (like my bust), and I'm not sure I like this flatter, "straighter" look. I'm still waiting to take ab shots until the T-day belly subsides a bit more. But anyway, I wonder if any other women feel ambivalent about losing curves?

Replies

• Don't worry about those curves Rosebette. You'll find new parts of your body to love, like abs and triceps.
  • briananoelani
    briananoelani Posts: 34 Member
    I hear you sister! The first time I had dramatic weight loss I went from a 34D and curvy to a 32 A and a stick (from 145 to 129) and I was none to happy to lose them. Thats one of my main worries right now as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Yup, along with the first 8-12lbs went my boobs. I went from a 34D/DD to a 34C/32D in less than a month, and ended up with a 30D. My pants went from 10 to 0. I love my abs and shoulder definition, though:) I like not having to deal with the "fluff".
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Well, I can say I'm still a 34D, but I used to be a 36. Also, the triceps aren't looking so great because I've had a shoulder injury and haven't done any upper body except for abs and the exercises my PT gave me.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited December 2014
    I lost my butt. Never had boobs to begin with. I'm fine with losing my butt though. Might have been sad if I lost boobs, but god never blessed me with them at any weight.

A nice butt is a muscular one. Mine was all fat prior to weight loss. That's not all that great anyway.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    My mom has commented that I've "lost my butt". I'm totally okay with losing it and my boobs because neither were ever impressive to look at naked.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I guess I lost my butt, too, cause my mom calls me "tiny hiney" now.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    My loss has been proportionate...
    Keeping the waist-hip ratio (actually, getting more curvy because my waist has lost more than my hips), keeping the G-cup. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Really wish those would go down some... it'd be a lot easier to find bras.
    The first time I had dramatic weight loss ... (from 145 to 129)
    Our definitions of "dramatic weight loss" differ greatly.
    16 lb was 11% of your starting weight.

51637601.png
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    I hear you sister! The first time I had dramatic weight loss I went from a 34D and curvy to a 32 A and a stick (from 145 to 129) and I was none to happy to lose them. Thats one of my main worries right now as well.

wow! that is extreme for just a 16 pound weight loss. i don't know how tall you are, but if 145 is a healthy weight, i'd probably just stick with that.
  • pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    I'm actually praying for my breasts to shrink! 50lbs down and I've gone from a 38H to a 36GG (UK sizes) and I'm really hoping a lot more will come off with the next 30-40lbs.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    A nice butt is a muscular one.
    xiskofxehs0r.png
    Amen

• KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    I don't want to lose my boobs, but at least where I lose my boobs my hips make up for it. I know I'm going to be thicker no matter what I do because my hips and butt are huge no matter what I do.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Nope. I still have curves, just smaller. Actually, if anything, my waist to hip ratio is smaller (I carried a lot of excess in my belly/abdomen/back). I went from a 5 inch waist/hip difference to currently 10 inch difference. I'm an hourglass shape now, no longer a squishy blob, lol!
  • briananoelani
    MKEgal wrote: »
    My loss has been proportionate...
    Keeping the waist-hip ratio (actually, getting more curvy because my waist has lost more than my hips), keeping the G-cup. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Really wish those would go down some... it'd be a lot easier to find bras.
    The first time I had dramatic weight loss ... (from 145 to 129)
    Our definitions of "dramatic weight loss" differ greatly.
    16 lb was 11% of your starting weight.

51637601.png

Yeah, I guess I should clarify, dramatic for me since i'm 5'10. At 145 I had a very high body fat percentage for my weight and was in poor shape.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    I was a big blob and am becoming more, not less, curvy. :)

My boobs can get as small as they want. I don't care about their size. The sagging is a little depressing, but if they went to B or A, I'd be delighted. I will happily settle for C. The bras get smaller, but the cup size went from DD to D and hasn't gone down since. :(
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Nah, not at all. :)
  • briananoelani
    Aviva92 wrote: »

wow! that is extreme for just a 16 pound weight loss. i don't know how tall you are, but if 145 is a healthy weight, i'd probably just stick with that.

Yeah... I have zero butt so the boobs were the first things to go. I'm 5'10! Right now I'm shooting for 135 (129 is just way too small and I want to hang on to some of these curves still)
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Weightlifting has given me some pretty sexy curves.
  • Bekk927
    Bekk927 Posts: 14 Member
    I was so depressed when the first thing to go on me were my boobs - for pretty much my entire adult life they were the only part of me I liked. So I know how you feel. But now that I've continued on its actually improved because loss has moved to the rest of my body and now they look proportionately bigger compared to the rest of me than they did 5 kg ago
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    No ambiguity here-my curves are always the last to go, and I'm dying to get there. I just don't care for them on myself.