Marinade- How do you add it to your diary

Options
I made grilled turkey breast marinated in a bottled italian dressing (not a light one…Kraft Tuscan Italian or something like that). How should I add it in? I feel like most of it is drained or burned off. Thanks.

…It was delicious BTW ;-)

Replies

• isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I generally assume there is residual on the meat or turkey or whatever, that's why it has the flavor. Maybe a Tbsp since most probably did grill off... that's just my thought. It's a good question though, I'd be interested in hearing what others do as well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much dressing there is left after it's marinated, and how much of the meat you eat... but yeah, just one or two tbsp worth.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You can estimate or next time weight the meat again after you finish marinating it before cooking if you want to get a better idea of the amount absorbed.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    If you want to be really accurate, you can measure how much you put on when you marinate, and then measure again how much you pour out afterwards.

I usually find it amounts to around a tbsp per serving so I use that on average. If it's really calorie-dense marinade, I'll try to be more specific, but if not, that tends to work.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    If you want to be really accurate, you can measure how much you put on when you marinate, and then measure again how much you pour out afterwards.

I usually find it amounts to around a tbsp per serving so I use that on average. If it's really calorie-dense marinade, I'll try to be more specific, but if not, that tends to work.

This is how i do it. I have to do the same thing for some of my home canned veggies because a lot are pickled in sugar and vinegar. Once i come up with a number i add to it so i overestimate rather than underestimate.