Dunkin Donuts croissant donut..

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Anyone tried it? Is it worth the 300 calories?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Haven't had it at Dunkin, but I have had cronuts from other places, and they are thoroughly delicious.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Haha I know, been wanting to try one forever, I'm just not that fond of Dunkin Donuts in general so I'm not sure I want to try it.

Got to find that local donut shop that just opened though.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'd definitely find a donut shop that's not a chain and get one from them, it'll be better.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would trust it from Dunks. Their donuts always leave a weird film on the roof of my mouth after eating them. Feel like it would be much better at a baker who makes them fresh, rather than a chain that freezes and recooks them!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I had it, thought it was bangin'. Tastes like a croissant, and you can see the flaky layers on the inside. It's basically a glazed donut that tastes like and has the texture of a croissant inside. They also stick it in its own little cute box.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can get at DD is worth 300 calories....
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Uhhhh, iced coffee! You can get multiple per day and the caffeine boost is well worth the 300 calories.
  • kmarc33
    kmarc33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Got one last weekend, cut it in thirds. My wife, son and I all said the same thing: just so-so. Not worth it, not as good as what you'll find at a bakery, we had great ones last summer at a bakery in NYC. It's kinda like one of their French Crullers (sp?) with glaze.

skip it.
  • Francl27
    Options

It's what their nutrition information says.

Yeah I beat myself up for going to NYC twice last year and not getting one, but I am clueless about the good donut places there.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Just say "NO" and try some broccoli.
  • missiontofitness
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1911JR wrote: »

Broccoli is not on the same playing field as a croissant/donut.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    1911JR wrote: »

No.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

It's what their nutrition information says.

Yeah I beat myself up for going to NYC twice last year and not getting one, but I am clueless about the good donut places there.

He meant that the food (taste/quality wise) is not worth the calories.

I've never had DD before, but I want to try them.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Its worth it just to say you've tried it. Not comparable to NYC cronuts but still good. I did have to zap mine in the microwave for ten seconds but after that it was tasty.
  • kmarc33
    kmarc33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You might be talking about this place, http://dominiqueansel.com/cronut-101/

I saw the place on The Food Network last week. Looked interesting.

I tried one from a different place in the summer and wasn't impressed.

yup, that was it. Night and day compared to DD's version. And we did a lot of walking, having taking the train in from NJ, so we didn't mind splurging. Apparently there's usually a difficulty in getting them but we just walked up, no problem. <shrug> luck of the draw, I guess.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    kmarc33 wrote: »
    Got one last weekend, cut it in thirds. My wife, son and I all said the same thing: just so-so. Not worth it, not as good as what you'll find at a bakery, we had great ones last summer at a bakery in NYC. It's kinda like one of their French Crullers (sp?) with glaze.

skip it.

You might be talking about this place, http://dominiqueansel.com/cronut-101/

I saw the place on The Food Network last week. Looked interesting.

I tried one from a different place in the summer and wasn't impressed.

I call that place the home of the rat cronut. :p
    image.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    The rat incident cracked me up, frankly. Growing up in France, it's a pretty normal occurrence over there for bakers to have cats to avoid mice...
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    The rat incident cracked me up, frankly. Growing up in France, it's a pretty normal occurrence over there for bakers to have cats to avoid mice...

I would love to go into a bakery, get something from the case, and then be able to pet a cat while I ate. That would be an amazing experience.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would love to go into a bakery, get something from the case, and then be able to pet a cat while I ate. That would be an amazing experience.

http://ladydinahs.com/ I want to go here - cats and afternoon tea, best combo ever!