high protein vegan lunch recipes??

Options
DeterminedBex
DeterminedBex Posts: 97 Member
does anyone have any easy/quick vegan high protein lunch recipes they can share?

Replies

• lmc657
    lmc657 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Raw Fit protein shakes by Garden of Life?
  • DeterminedBex
    DeterminedBex Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    not interested in shakes, just real food. thanks
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Fruit and nuts or PB are quick.

I also take vegetarian refried beans (I never checked, if they aren't vegan you can mash up your own beans) and mix in spices to give a taco flavor (cumin, cayenne pepper and paprika). I eat it with salsa and tortilla chips. You could also serve it as a burrito.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I buy the Joseph's Flax and Oat bran wraps (50 cal for half a wrap, 100 for the whole big sheet) and cover it with hummus, then add some Gardien crispy Chik'n (soy fake chicken) strips, cucumbers, and a massive pile of dark leafy tender greens.....wrap and eat! Even with the whole sheet of flatbread, the whole wrap is barely 200 cal, and packed with protein...I'm quite satisfied for hours afterwards.

I also make chili with LOTS of beans and the Boca or Morningstar crumbles. Delicious and filling and the meatetarians in my house don't notice that it's not real meat, and my vegetarian daughter gets to join in. (We aren't vegan, so we add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Not sure how those vegan fake cheeses melt, so do that at your discretion)
  • smsquash
    smsquash Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like lentils a lot. I make a BBQ lentils with cooked lentils, veggies (onion/garlic/carrot/greens), and a homemade BBQ sauce that always includes blackstrap molasses for extra iron. You can also add newt yeast for B vitamins if you like.

I also really like this: http://thesimpleveganista.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-ultimate-vegetable-lentil-loaf.html?m=1
    I make it on the weekend, then slice and have w/veggies.

You can also do 1/2 oats and 1/2 quinoa for a hot breakfast cereal, and add almonds and chia seeds. Chia, almonds and quinoa are all high in protein. Hummus or any chickpea filling is protein rich too.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    if you want high vegan protein you have to go with seitan. And it's delicious.

You can make stir frys, sandwiches, whatever you want to.

It's easy to make too if you have access to wheat gluten.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK? Go to sainsburys frozen veggie section and pick up some of their own brand soy mince. Per 100g there is something like 23g of protein.
    I had a small portion of spag bol for lunch, and having a small shepherds pie for dinner and with the other veggies I'm having with it I've hit my protein goals for today. Easy! Only takes 10 mins to cook too.
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    In the US, Boca and Morningstar both make an equivalent to the Sainsbury Soy Mince. It's usually called "Veggie Crumbles" or "Ground Non-Meat" or some such. That's what I use in chili and, like lemonsurprise, the Spag Bol I made for dinner last night!
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    (oops, I'm distracted and forgot I'd already replied, LOL sorry for my double meatless crumble rec!)
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread with avocado, 3 egg whites and a vegan sausage patty with salsa:-) great hot or cold. Or wrapped in lettuce if you don't want the bread.
    bout 25 g protein
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread with avocado, 3 egg whites and a vegan sausage patty with salsa:-) great hot or cold. Or wrapped in lettuce if you don't want the bread.
    bout 25 g protein

egg whites are not vegan my friend.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Cajun red beans and rice. Miso soup w/ tofu AND dried mushrooms. Quick veggie curries over rice or quinoa.

Sub Daiya or omit cheese entirely for this:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/skillet_gnocchi_with_chard_white_beans.html

Cooks really quick. Check your brand before you buy or make your own gnocchi in advance. I think it's great with Daiya pepperjack style shreds.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Beans beans the musical fruit. :D Sorry, we eat a lot of beans, lentils, tvp, quinoa, chia seeds, Sun flower seed butter.
  • bswith22
    bswith22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is life- pair it with salad or veggies and you got a meal
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    -Can of fat free refried beans
    -Shirataki noodles

Warm and mix together. I add some Real Salt and extra garlic (because apparently I love scaring people away with bad breath). It sounds like the most bizarre combination, but it's the best thing in the world. I've been getting really weird cravings lately..
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bswith22 wrote: »

Since when is Cottage Cheese for Vegans?
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    bswith22 wrote: »

Since when is Cottage Cheese for Vegans?

Well, not everyone knows the exact definition, especially with all of the misinformation out there. I wouldn't expect them to be informed if they weren't vegan themselves, either. At least they were trying to be helpful:-)
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Not sure if this recipe is enough food for a lunch ... I think you'd need to add some more food to it ...
    Chickpea Stew Recipe -- Serves 4 (total cook time 40 mins)
    1 Tablespoon oil, canola
    1 teaspoon cumin seeds
    1 medium onion, red, chopped
    5 cloves garlic, minced
    1 Tablespoon coriander, ground
    1 cup water
    1 medium potato, red, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
    1 can (15 ounce) garbanzo (chickpeas), rinsed. (or 19 ounces home cooked beans)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper, black, coarsley ground
    2 Tablespoon cilantro, fresh, divided
    1 medium tomato, cut into 1-inch cubes

Heat oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat; cook cumin seeds for 10 seconds. Add onion and cook, stirttin until brown (ab 5-6 min), add garlic and saute till you smell the garlic. Add coriander, cook, stirring for 20 seconds.

Stir in water, potato, chickpeas, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the potato is tender, 15-20 minutes.

Add tomato. Increase heat to medium and simmer, uncoverd for a coule of minutes. Springe with remaining cilantro and serve.

Each serving (1 of 4)
    Calories 255, Total Fat 6 g (saturated fat and cholesterol 0 g), Sodium 703 mg, Carbs 45 g, Fiber 8 g, Protein 9 g.

Recipe source EatingWell.com

• dfw1986
    Options
    I just discovered these frozen burritos from target their made from SWEET EARTH they have like 3 that are vegan their so tasty and have alot of protein so glad I found these you need to try them