Tuesday Mini Challenge Anyone?

Options
HartJames
HartJames Posts: 789 Member
Tuesday = Stairs!

Week 1 was 400 stairs or approx. 20 flights. Week 2 you can either RUN stairs or take TWO at a time. Report your number back when you have completed (by midnight)!

If you take multiple steps at a time or run them you will burn more calories. Feel free to do throughout the day.

The average person just walking up stairs will burn 10-35 cals. a minute!

You can enter any of these mini challenges into your exercise diary as "calisthenics"

C'mon! There are stairs EVERYWHERE! You got this! How many can you do? Who's with me?

Replies

• kvaldez95
    kvaldez95 Posts: 25
    Options
    so i can do the stair climber? and how many of them this week?
  • HartJames
    Options
    Sure I don't see why not.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    sounds like a fun challenge. My only problem is i work at a college that has very few stairs so it can be handicap friendly. This is something I will try to manage though. Thanks for the idea.
  • jessebreanne
    Options
    I'm in!
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That a great Challenge! I'm not sure I can do 400 Stairs. :o
    I dont go out Much and I live in a small City, the The most stairs i deal with in a day is going to my basement and back up from doing laundry But I'm in. I'll try doing 400 Stairs walking first though Don't think I can Run stairs quite yet. So next week I'll post to see if I made it to 400:?
  • HartJames
    Options
    Nope you come back here tomorrow when you are done or the next day to post on this thread :) You only have until midnight Tuesday to get them in.

When I did the challenge last Tuesday and actually counted the stairs I normally walk I was shocked it was nearly 300! It sounds like more than it may be ;) I got up to 600ish by doing the flights of stairs up & down at home.
  • Debysue
    Debysue Posts: 9
    Options
    I will try this. I have stairs in my house and try to go up and down many times a day. I will just do more.
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    I'm IN!!! I live in the upstairs part of my boyfriend's brother's house, so I'm use to walking or running up the stairs. I guess I'll be doing laundry tomorrow! Thats 2 flights of stairs (as the laundry room is in the basement)!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I keep forgetting to post when I complete these!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    oh i loved the squat monday so much - i'm in for stair tuesday! i work on the 4th floor - i got this! :D
  • nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    I'll give it a try...it is 15 stairs to my bedroom....so I have stairs right here.....
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    For a moment I was thinking that it was already Tuesday and went and did a bunch of stairs to only realize its still Monday. Oy I think it's been a long day. But I did 240 steps today in total not that it matters
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm in. I've got stairs at work, and If I don't get them all in at work, I'll run up and down the little ones in my apartment buildings.
  • HartJames
    Options
    If you did them after 12am then it counts! Tues. 12a-11:59pm
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    SO we have to run or take 2 at a time.....could be interesting but i'm in
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I work odd hours so Im not sure I can completely follow your midnight to midnight rule.....I do em from my wake up to my bedtime.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll try and run as many as possible. :)
  • liveskinnyyy
    Options
    I'm in too! So I'll be doing both Monday and Tuesday challenges lol.
  • biwinner
    biwinner Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in.... going to run sets of 100 each time (just up and down my stairs at home) and hopefully not fall over!
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm in, I will do this at home this evening as my work colleagues will wonder what I am doing :tongue: