-70lbs w/ pictures. (;

Options
breakhearts
breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
Hey everyone! It's Eve. I was just hoping y'all would help kick my butt back into gear! I lost a total of 70 lbs a few months back and then
gained 20 lbs right back! :( I'm losing the weight still and recently lost 4 lbs, but I'm having trouble trying to stay motivated.

Any advice?

qqnhu2ga6sur.jpg

hdgo4c3izsfv.png

Thank you lovely and beautiful people so much.

Kisses!

Replies

• katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Wow, you've done an amazing job!

From what I've read, it's not uncommon to gain some of the weight back as you go into maintenance.

My recommendation would be to take the final pounds back off very slowly (1/4-1/2 pound per week). Really think about what you're able to commit to doing indefinitely in terms of diet and exercise. Ideally you want to slide from weight loss into maintenance.

Good luck! You csn do it!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You've lost weight before and you know how to do it. Eating at maintenance is something that takes awhile to get used to. Kind of like training wheels. Keep track of your weight and if it starts to creep up dial back on your intake.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look happy and fantastic. Congratulations!!!
  • mysmilewow
    Options
    I am in the same boat, but I have started again, slowly changing my eating portions, and doing exercise. You are worth it, you got this.
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We can do it!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    hi Eve!! you look awesome that should be your biggest motivation, im not even close to your weight-loss but im working on it, what i can tell you it's that well in the past i've lost a lottttttt and gain all back and even moree because i rely on motivation, well today i can tell you that i don't do that anymore, motivation for me it goes away so i don't trust myself and don't manage my weightloss in the motivation factor. if i fell motivated today grate!!.. if i don't greattt again, i relie on habit, on sticking to my daily routine , on planning and get things done
  • sallychildress
    sallychildress Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey way to go! hold on to that success and keep up the good habits. You are bound to be feeling much better with so much weight off. Do whatever inspires you... read more posts of successes, make the gym a routine, keep the healthy image in front of you that you want to get to... good luck!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm in agreement that day to day, habit trumps motivation. But I know the deal, you have to get motivated to get back into the groove of those good habits! It's hard enough for me to figure out what motivates ME, let alone what might motivate YOU. I'm also on board with reading through some of these threads. Enthusiasm may be contagious. Just remember, you are worth the effort. Best of luck.
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Eve. Your photos are great! Good job losing the weight. We all gain a little back - I get it (I AM it!) but by writing into this board, I can see you are ready to get back on track. I'm finding that I need to start focusing more on myself than others (I'm mom of a large brood) and not backburner myself. You can do it!!!
    -
  • sbail84
    sbail84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Job! Thanks for the motivation!
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look amazing either way. Look how far you have come. I would love to be where you are now. We each have our struggle. Grace is new each day. Happy Holiday's.
  • LexGN
    LexGN Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    just start logging again. Its amazing when I gained weight back, thinking I wasn't eating as much as I was. When I logged, I realized, I was eating ALOT more than I thought. Logging just keeps a balance in your head so you know that maybe you shouldn't eat that cookie today, but tomorrow, I'll watch it closely and I'll eat it then. I love saving calories everyonce in awhile so I can have a larger portion of a yummy dessert. (who am I kidding, I do it alot more than once in awhile) but when I don't log, I think I have calories left and eat it, when I actually didn't have any calories left to give. Make sense? You can do it!
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You already "know" what you need to know. But setting meaningful specific goals with time deadlines (and rewards) are awesome "guardrails". Oh, and having a friend or two with whom you feel accountable really helps. Best wishes.
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm just feeling a little deflated with how much effort I'm putting into exercise and how little results I'm getting. But I'm still doing this. I refuse to give up.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look lovely - don't give up - keep tracking everything you eat just as you did when you were losing and it will help keep you on the right track.
  • MommaSarabear
    MommaSarabear Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know your pain. In 2012 I lost 70 lbs, in 2013 I gained it ALL back plus some....I'm back at it again....my advice: NIP IT IN THE BUTT NOW. It is SO much harder this time around....I'm only down 9 lbs so far and have so far to go. I kick myself everyday for allowing the weight to come back on. I let myself down, I feel like I have let my family and friends who were so happy for me down. I want to lose the weight this time for good!!! YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!