Travelling foods!

Options
Hey there~! I was wondering how you stay motivate to eat right while traveling while not being very food creative. What do you take with you if you are gone for multiple days? Snacks that don't spoil easily, excluding the obvious, apples, almonds, etc.

Replies

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the obvious: protein bars, protein powders, beef jerky, nuts, dried fruits(no sugar added) pears, apples, citrus...When doing a road trip, We bring a cooler and freeze some water bottles (open them and pour a little water out first) and line the bottom of the cooler with them and it it will stay for 3 days so we bring deli meats, cheese, yogurt, salsa, hummus, cut up veggies, lots of fruits, tortilla chips, pita chips, hard boiled eggs
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I know that I feel better when I eat better. That's my primary motivation when traveling. If I eat too much junk food I pay for it pretty quickly (especially if I'm not able to be active). If I'm gone multiple days I stop at the grocery store along the way and pick up cut up veggies, etc.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    ^ whats she said is great. I just got home from a ten day road trip, and I did not eat perfect during that time ( on a bit of break), but I found that Flying J was the best for healthy options when you don't have a cooler with you. The had a hot food bar with lots of fried stuf, but they also had premade salads, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit cups, Chobani yogurt, etc. But if you have room for a cooler, take all the healthy stuff you can. If you will be in a hotel, request a room with a fridge, to store your stuff overnight. And if you have a more leisurely pace planned out, you can stop at grocery stores and pick up food fresh as you go
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    When I travel I like to sample the local foods as much as possible. I don't worry so much about staying on plan... I just get a lot more exercise than I do at home, and it tends to all balance out. I don't tend to take anything at all with me if I travel.
  • MsWendyjc
    MsWendyjc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Once a week i pack little dressing containers with my snacks .. dried apricots.almonds.cashews n cranberry . bhuji snack mix.sunflower kernels. homemade trail mix. Always pays to check the packets as its amazing how much the same product can alter between different brands.
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I make an egg sandwich. Fried egg on a sandwich thin with a bit of ketchup and a Chobani for breakfast. Avocado, tomato, fresh Mozz salad for lunch, instant oatmeal for pm snack, and usually a pre made frozen dinner. I will also carry bananas and PB and supplement with some milk.
  • hannahrichins
    Options
    I am a huge peanut butter fan, so I like to pack some whole grain English muffins and those little peanut butter packs they have at the store--way easier than carrying around a jar of peanut butter! :) I also bring the obvious... carrots, almonds, apples. I hope you are traveling somewhere fun :)
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    what are you all doing for trveling vegetables? All I can figure out is V8 or canned tomatoe juice. Both of those are fine, of course.