Anyone with Success at Maintaining?

Options
124»

Replies

• jakegreenberg
    jakegreenberg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maintaining your weight is very easy for myself. I am the type of person that enjoys food. A LOT. But, I have my mind set of what my weight should be, and weighting myself often is what keeps my mind in control. If lets say I eat something very fattening, I will eat very little the next day, then the following eat very healthy. I don't think eating healthy ALL the time is what life is really about. We all know how tasty food is. You can meet the healthiest person alive, and they will lie and tell you that it doesn't taste good. Fattening food does taste good. But all in moderation. You must eat healthy majority of the time. but giving yourself some pleasure is the best way to be successful in a what I call a "diet", but really it is a lifestyle. I am not telling you to eat whatever you want. Just do it according to your weight. Manage what you eat by how much you weigh. You must weigh yourself DAILY.
  • Jarrod4275
    Jarrod4275 Posts: 37
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I started eating Paleo (loosely based) in February and coupled with my own version of crossfit (running long runs one day, bike and weights one day, swim and push ups and sit ups one day, running shorter speed runs one day, etc) I lost 110 pounds in 9 months. I was 285 pounds and am about 172-173 now. Now I am sort of maintaining right around the 172 mark. A little up and a little down but so far so good. It's important to continue to exercise some but not trying to lose weight one or two times a week for 45 minutes seems to work well for me. Eating Paleo doesn't mean there is a special magic involved but it does feel WAY better. Cutting out all that processed B.S. and getting your body accustomed to only fresh ingredients is amazing. At least it has been for me. Eating "cleaner" makes your body run much more efficient. If I eat 2,000 calories of chicken, veggies, eggs, raw nuts, fruits etc OR eat 2,000 calories of Whoppers with cheese then which one do you think is going to make me feel better? Stick to your paleo sister. As far as I am concerned it's eating the way God intended :wink:

Just like with running you train your muscles to run faster by the way you train. If you are running a 5k and run it in 26min but want to run it in 20min you take 3.1 miles and divide it out in a 20min time to see how fast you must run. In this case you would need to run a 6.4516 minute mile. Then you divide that out until you know what you must run 200 meters in. Then, by repetition you run that speed 200 meters over and over and ober and over and over. You train your muscles to remember that pace. Mixed in with long runs for cardio reasons you eventually will run a 5k in 20min. Maintaining is no different in my mind. Find the things you enjoy eating that make you feel healthy and good in your life and repeat checking your weight often until you have trained yourself to maintain. That's how I am approaching it. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I did it everyone.. I have not logged in for months.. i have not weighed myself.. and i have maintained my 131 lbs. with NO EFFORT.. i just weighed myself this morning after months of traveling and eating and not worrying..

I have been doing the IF intermittent fasting.. I eat in a 5-6 hour window everyday, the rest of the time i fast. I drink alot of water (basically i skip breakfast and morning snack) and i doubled my calories. i no longer eat 1200 calories.. i eat at least 1800-2000 and sometimes even more if i am at a party or whatever...

what helped me.. ( this forum )

I combined PALEO with IF (eating from 1-6 only) and ADDING calories to lose/maintain weight.. and adding FAT to my diet..

just being able to maintain my weight without worrying is the HIGHLIGHT of my life at this point... one day i would like to weigh 125.. but really this is amazing what i have accomplished and so easy..

Glad that you found a method that works for you!
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ok well gained a few lbs.. to many holiday parties.. but back on track now.. if i dont let my weight go up by more then 5 lbs.. i am ok... i just have to check in monthly i think at least
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    your body maybe at w weight it likes! I also stay at 129-132 and would love to be 125, but i eat 1350-1400 calories and maintain...i also do Much better eating no dairy, low carb and high fat/protein...keeps ya full longer!
  • ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have maintained right around 110 for 5 years pretty easily.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've been maintaining for the past 2 + years. Because of my HIIT and weightlifting workouts I find that I need to eat more when I start losing weight again.