Do you need to lose 1-2 stone?

Options
I am looking for friends on here with similar goals - I'd love to lose 2 stone but would be happy with 1 stone, and could really do with people to help motivate me!

I am 26, and am running the Manchester 10k in 2 weeks (eek) and a half marathon in September (even more eeeek) so it woud also be great to chat to anyone with similar challenges coming up!

Replies

• tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I've 21lbs to lose to get to target weight - feel free to add me!
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi i am aiming to lose at least another two stone hopefully by my birthday in Aug. I am running a 10k in June for the race for life around Clumber park. I have managed to do 5 k every week for the last three or four weeks and last week pushed it to just under the 10k so was really please with that. I never thought i would run like that and actually enjoy it.

5306960.png
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I was in that position 3 months ago. I now have another 11 lbs to reach my ideal weight (BMI 21), I also have a 10k in June and a half marathon in September (very Eeeeek).
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! I would like to lose 2 stone but I'd be happy with one lol I'll add u :)
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Welcome and yes loosing 1-2 stone is definitely one of my goals.
    I am trying to get to my goal weight by September for my overseas trip and I've thought about starting up running/jogging, not sure how my knees will take it but what the hey :wink:
    So, tell me (please) how do I start as I am really keen to run, are short bursts the way in the beginning or should I use the treadmill to practice, I have no running style so will look a goose for a little while lol.
    :flowerforyou:
  • rachie78sw
    rachie78sw Posts: 28
    Options
    Yeap looking to lose a stone. In Feb I stepped on the scales and was disgusted.

I lost over 5 stone 6 yeards ago after having my little boy, but it has slowly started to creep on. I do quite a bit of exercise and I was in the mind set I could get away with it......

I am running Cardiff half in October, so going to start seriously training now the bank holidays are out of the way.

Also going to try different classes, as I think my body gets used to what I am doing!! Gave kettlebells a go on SUnday and I am aching like mad still.

I have requested you as a friend x
  • rachie78sw
    rachie78sw Posts: 28
    Options
    I am trying to get to my goal weight by September for my overseas trip and I've thought about starting up running/jogging, not sure how my knees will take it but what the hey :wink:
    So, tell me (please) how do I start as I am really keen to run, are short bursts the way in the beginning or should I use the treadmill to practice, I have no running style so will look a goose for a little while lol.

I have downloaded an app for my phone called C25K (couch to 5k) and this is a 7 week programme which alternates jogging and walking.
  • princessjaffacakes
    Options
    Yup - I need to shift about 1.5 stone. I've just finished the London Marathon which means I dont have to focus so intensely on the long distances and fuelling so want to shift this extra bulge and get back into my summer clothes!

Be keen to sign up to a smaller race in the future but right now, I just want to get back into my clothes :)
  • sshaw101
    sshaw101 Posts: 4
    Options
    2 stone would be good for me. I did run the Bristol half marathon 2 years ago but have not ran since. Also I am going to be a Dad in a couple of weeks and want to loose the weight so I can be a relatively healthy Dad!

I might have to dust off the running shoes and get out there again but think I need to loose a bit first to ease the weight on my knees.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hi, my aim is to lose around 10-15kgs, in total, i am 3kgs in, i think that is around 2 stone,
    im 28 and am enjoying the motivation and support this site gives:)

3926322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • spalmon
    spalmon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! 2 stone needs to go, journey starts today ! Much support needed so will do my best to support you too ..good luck for your run! x
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am also aiming for a 10 K in June and a half marathon in September.
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options

I have downloaded an app for my phone called C25K (couch to 5k) and this is a 7 week programme which alternates jogging and walking.

Awesome thanks for that I'll find it and give a shot. :happy:
    There is a Lonnie 10km coming up in a couple of weeks so I think I'll aim for a little running and a lot of walking as my first try lol. Whoohoo the adventure begins!