Upper stomach fat deposits (female)

Options
Anyone else have these? I've been working out pretty steadily but I've always had them to some extent. If it just fat over my top abs or a odd fat deposit?d70saa83rm74.jpg

Replies

• katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Yep, I have it too! Between that and my stomach, I have a defined waist. It's weird.
  • SandySweats
    SandySweats Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have those too. I am an Apple shape so i am not surprised. Not sure what causes it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I am very close to my goal weight and I still have them. Body recomposition is my next goal.

When you see humans with the six pack abs, the have very little body fat which means careful calorie counting, exercising and dedication.
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have it! My sister is much thinner than me and she has it also. I was wondering when (if) it will go away.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    im close to goal weight and I have it too im not that fussed its the lower ab fat I detest
  • pudlediver
    pudlediver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah I also don't mind it as much as the lower, but it's becoming more pronounced the more I work out/ gain muscle mass, I haven't lost a pound but I've lost a lot of fat thus far.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a tiny bit of those. No idea what they or or what their purpose is.
  • blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have that. The last time I lost weight, it went down. I still have about 20 more pounds to go before the weight starts coming off of that area. Then, I have about 10 more pounds until goal, so it is definitely one of the last places I lose
  • Soozylund
    Soozylund Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have those too! I’m almost at my goal weight and it feels like they aren’t going anywhere. How do we get rid of them?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Those (in the OP photo) look like lower ribs or upper ab muscles, it's kind of hard to tell . . . but honestly, I think the photo is a little more about residual fat ("muffin top") below the upper ab area, rather than the upper ab area itself. @Soozylund, this is a thread from 2014. Those people probably aren't even here anymore. What is it that you're experiencing?

Maybe visit this thread, see what others look like at various weights/body fat %s, with different workout histories:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

To be honest, the OP in this thread seems not very in touch with what normal anatomy looks like.

Look at a diagram of abdominal muscles. I think the two bump-like bits that appear in the OP photos are one of those upper ab muscle groups with a bit of overlying fat, with the lower groups more hidden by a bit thicker fat layer. Not saying she's overweight, just that the fat layer below the two bumps is showing a bit less of the underlying musculature . . . which is pretty normal for women, unless ultra-lean.

approche-biomecanique-1024x1024-1.jpg

I feel like we women almost go out of our way to hate on parts of our body that are perfectly normal, that it's common to mis-identify muscle as fat, and more. We shouldn't.