Starting my weight loss after pregnancy

Options
Hello everyone. I am returning to MFP after my pregnancy I had my little one 8 weeks ago. I have 10 lbs to get to my weight at the beginning of pregnancy. However I was overweight to begin with therefore I would like to loose some more. I am looking for buddies to get to my goal.

Replies

• brecinos1322
    Options
    Hello! I had my lo 7 months ago. We could be buddies in this journey.
  • Labaz89
    Labaz89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my lo is 11 month old and already lost all baby weight (it wasnt hard at all i can assure ya :) ), i would be more than happy to help :)
  • Khunter2244
    Options
    Had mine 8 months ago!! Almost there!!
  • belle1209
    Options
    Hello! I had my lo 7 months ago. We could be buddies in this journey.

Hi just accepted your friend request thanks!
  • belle1209
    Options
    Labaz89 wrote: »
    my lo is 11 month old and already lost all baby weight (it wasnt hard at all i can assure ya :) ), i would be more than happy to help :)

Hi Labaz89 how long did it take you to loose the weight?
  • belle1209
    Options
    Had mine 8 months ago!! Almost there!!

Hi, lets keep pushing to take this weight off.
  • belle1209
    Options
    For the ones that already lost all the weight how long did it take you ladies? For those who haven't how much more do you ladies need?
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I am on here everyday, the more support the better :)
  • Labaz89
    Options
    it took me about 8 month

• Labaz89
    Options
    belle1209 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I am returning to MFP after my pregnancy I had my little one 8 weeks ago. I have 10 lbs to get to my weight at the beginning of pregnancy. However I was overweight to begin with therefore I would like to loose some more. I am looking for buddies to get to my goal.

I breast fed the baby for about 4 month which helped alittle.
    my diet was based mainly on proteins. 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast
    chicken breast with lettuce salad for lunch, salad only for dinner . in between i would snack on carrots wid hummus dip, pretzles( as a reward lol),apples , one square of dark chocolate to indulge. i had one free day ( i ate whatever i wanted) and believe me it worked miracles . u can ofcourse change up your diet as long as u stick to writing every single bite u eat using myfitness pal ofcourse lol.
  • belle1209
    Options

chicken breast with lettuce salad for lunch, salad only for dinner . in between i would snack on carrots wid hummus dip, pretzles( as a reward lol),apples , one square of dark chocolate to indulge. i had one free day ( i ate whatever i wanted) and believe me it worked miracles . u can ofcourse change up your diet as long as u stick to writing every single bite u eat using myfitness pal ofcourse lol.

I notice that I get extremely hungry and I am breastfeeding. I actually gained 5 lbs now that I am breastfeeding. But I am now trying my best to eat healthier in order for me to begin loosing.
  • Labaz89
    Options

I notice that I get extremely hungry and I am breastfeeding. I actually gained 5 lbs now that I am breastfeeding. But I am now trying my best to eat healthier in order for me to begin loosing.

You actually get really hungry while breastfeeding thats so true, the key is to eat as healthy as possible ( things that are beneficial to your milk but at the same time not empty calories) almonds , milk, oatmeal, low fat cheeses , chicken soup, ...etc and believe me once you stop breastfeeding the pounds will drop rapidly ,as the body hold on to every single pound of fat while breastfeeding cuz thats nature (it has to ensure your baby is getting the nutrients and quality milk that he/she needs) That is exactly what happened with me i didnt lose a single pound while breastfeeding but when i stopped pounds just dropped really fast, but you have to make sure you are eating healthy and not taking this an excuse to load up on junk food ( which is really tempting lol)
  • AdieEve
    AdieEve Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 months postpartum. I weighed myself at 4 weeks postpartum and was 175. As of yesterday, I am down to 138! I am exclusively breastfeeding and eat 2,000 calories a day with an emphasis on fats and proteins. Staying well-hydrated is essential for milk production.
    I completely disagree with what the previous poster said about being unable to lose weight while breastfeeding. While it may indeed increase hunger (and therefore calorie consumption), all of the science shows that breastfeeding leads to increased and sustained maternal weight loss, especially if the mother nurses beyond 3-6 months. Personally, I feel like the weight has just fallen off of me. This is my second child and the lightest I've ever weighed as an adult. I am 15 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight and still losing! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!
  • tabkendrick2014
    Options
    Hi, I'm a breastfeeding momma of a 7 month old and while pregnant I gained over 70 pounds, the first month or so I dropped about forty but ever since then I been either gaining and losing but can't seem to get under 185lbs. Just looking for some help also. Any of yous think that 1750 cals a day is okay for losing without hurting my supply?
  • BrittTee
    BrittTee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just had our LO a month ago-- looking to start losing the baby weight while I continue to breastfeed. Feel free to add me-- the more support for us moms, the better!
  • qowens86
    qowens86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So my son is now 7 months and I gained a little over 70 pounds. I was breastfeeding which helped some but now I am not