So scientifically, when does the fat come off?

Options

Replies

• qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It comes off at midnight exactly. If you happen to fly over the international date line whilst in deficit, you've wasted that day.

Awww, bummer! :s
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Now, it's coming off now! !!
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    Ask for science and get anything but... you guys are hilarious

At this point, i'm ok with it. I'm sure if someone tried to genuinely answer the question, they would get shunned
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Aemely wrote: »
    Mine is mostly on Tuesday.

Ha-ha! :p

v2he1d4t8ybf.gif

tumblr_inline_nfkuwbyCHu1qegzff.gif

Haha! I wish my fat was that cute!

• Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Here is a page with cross-sections. Cross-sections = Science. :confounded:

When we lose weight, where does the lost weight go?
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    You seek a simple answer to a complex question:
    Citric_acid_cycle_with_aconitate_2.svg
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Fat loss is water weight.

Plus carbon dioxide.

wut
    When you lose the water and C02, you've lost the fat weight.

I think I've got about 20lbs of CO2 on me right now. :)

• hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not a science nerd - just trying a purely speculative common sense analysis - you eat at a calorie deficit so that you are taking in less "food fuel" than your body is burning - during the day when your are eating regularly you are burning your food fuel - but at night you take in none - so for some period of time in your last hours of sleep and the time before breakfast you have burned off all of yesterday food fuel and your body has to convert body mass to fuel you through your deficit until you begin taking in calories at breakfast

So, I'd say you are probably burning off mass for an hour or two before breakfast.

(But I could be totally wrong)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Your body is constantly either storing or oxidizing fat...
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    from what I hear the weight loss fairy comes between 12am and 4am and verifies your deficit and then confirms your weight loss....

I'm going to catch that "B" and MAKE her do her freaking job that she's been slacking on lately!!!!!!!!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    It occurs right after morning stinky and tinkle
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    when you put nothing down your gullet.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

Plus carbon dioxide.
    I'm pretty sure what this means is that drinking water plus the increase in atmospheric CO2 is why we are getting fatter.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    hamoncan wrote: »
    Not a science nerd - just trying a purely speculative common sense analysis - you eat at a calorie deficit so that you are taking in less "food fuel" than your body is burning - during the day when your are eating regularly you are burning your food fuel - but at night you take in none - so for some period of time in your last hours of sleep and the time before breakfast you have burned off all of yesterday food fuel and your body has to convert body mass to fuel you through your deficit until you begin taking in calories at breakfast

So, I'd say you are probably burning off mass for an hour or two before breakfast.

(But I could be totally wrong)

was looking for the joke in there. Couldn't find it. Did i miss something or did you answer this question seriously?

You are one of the few my friend. And i agree. That is most likely how it's done. Once you've blown past the calories you've eaten that day and started burning more than that, you are burning off the excess stored fat immediately. All the little fluctuations and weird numbers on the scale are just water retention
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I do alternate day fasting. I never lose weight after a fast day, it's always 2 days later after a normal eating day.
    I've also recently incorporated 16:8 where you fast for 16 hours, I go for a max of 20 hours. As everything I've read says optimal fat burning time is between 14-16 hours after your last meal, (no food/calories for 16hrs) And lo and behold my weight loss has sped up without reducing my calories!
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    your body is constantly storing and burning fat, 'fat loss' occurs when net oxidation is greater than storage, and generally happens within a few hours, so yes you would have essentially already lost fat that same day
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    National Geographic asked the hypothetical, "What would happen if all the people disappeared off the face of the earth?". An immediate effect would be a drop in temperature world-wide. Each of us gives off about as much heat as a sixty-watt light bulb (poor light bulb; it is quickly disappearing).

It gave me a new image of us as human beings. We're little sixty watt heat furnaces walking around, burning off the energy we consume. All the time.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Plus carbon dioxide.
    I'm pretty sure what this means is that drinking water plus the increase in atmospheric CO2 is why we are getting fatter.

Um....no. :smiley:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I do alternate day fasting.

Ah....that seems to correlate with days you yell at me....

:drinker:

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Plus carbon dioxide.

wut

The end products of fat metabolization are water and carbon dioxide. When you lose the water and C02, you've lost the fat weight.

Yep.