Healthy Options to Satisfy Sweet Tooth?!?!

Options
Lately I've had a crazy sweet tooth and granola bars are getting really old trying to satisfy the sweet tooth (and they're just so small!)

Could anyone give me some recipes for some desserts (no bake, bake, whatever you have) or just any sweet, low cal recipes?! Thank you!

Replies

• MariLcs
    MariLcs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat a cup of Special K with strawberries for 110 calories. I've baked apples with cinnamon sugar and I've tried recipes using a cake mix and pumpkin which some love (not my favorite). My favorite is a graham cracker with chocolate PB2 which is dry low cal peanut butter you mix with water. You can find at your grocery store and I also put it on bananas, toast and all kins of things!
  • jasongideon
    jasongideon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fruits are good for my sweet tooth, and you can add Splenda to them for an extra kick. Splenda tastes just like sugar and it's healthy.
    Hope I helped.
  • eddied91
    eddied91 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This isn't great long term advice, but lick your finger, put it in a bowl of splenda or zero calorie sweetener and spread it across your gums, it keeps a sweet taste in your mouth for a hour or two
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Fit & Active S'more rice cakes
    Chocolate pumpkin muffins (1 box chocolate cake, 1 can pumpkin, 1 cup water, 1 cup chocolate chips...mix together. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. Makes 12. Roughly 90 cals each and so yummy!!)
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Chocolate
    Yep... dark chocolate. :yum:
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yes this site has great easy lower calorie recipes. chocolatecoveredkatie.com/recipes/
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Fruits are good for my sweet tooth, and you can add Splenda to them for an extra kick. Splenda tastes just like sugar and it's healthy.
    Hope I helped.

Splenda isn't actually healthy. It's simply a no calorie sweetener. It's actually worse for your health than raw sugar.

If you want a healthy no calorie sweetener, try Truvia or Stevia (I personally dislike the taste though).
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love Graham Cracker with a good two Tbs of Cool Whip then Graham cracker on top put in freezer. After about two hours you have a low cal low fat ice cream sandwich. LOVE THEM
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I can't remember who I saw post this. But she took the caramel rice cakes, topped with light spread of peanut butter and a sliced banana. Another great topping would also be dark chocolate chips with this.
  • maureenh0709
    maureenh0709 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like dessert flavoured yogurt. Danon makes Greek yogurt cups with flavours like coconut-vanilla, cherry cheesecake, caramel. 80 calories per cup.

Also, most ice cream is about 120 calories per 1/2 cup so you can always budget your calories for that.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel like cooking, Fiber One makes a few good snacks. Their oatmeal and raisin cookies are great!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've been on this site for quite awhile and now am at a point where I tend to work more regular treats into my daily calories, but when I first started I was REALLY having a hard time not having a dessert after every lunch and dinner meal. The biggest thing that got me through it was having chocolate chips, almonds, sweetened shredded coconut, and marshmallow crème on hand. I would count out very small amounts of those - and nope, aside from the almonds these aren't "Healthy" (sorry) - but it WAS more satisfying to me on those occasions when fruit just wasn't cutting it. I know everyone's different, but I consider 5 semisweet chips, 3 raw almonds, and 1/2 Tbsp of marshmallow crème a lot more satisfying to my sweet tooth than a granola bar. It really helped me stay on track with my nutritional choices and calories for my meals.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    For any baking, replace the 1/2 cup fat with 1/2 cup applesauce, and put just a tablespoon of fat/oil in instead. Beat the egg whites until peaks form, and fold it in to your batter. You now have a lighter, fluffier dessert.

Now, all you have to do is reduce the portion size. I use a mini silicon pan.
    lekue-silicone-mini-muffin-pan-terracotta-3.gif
  • Lablady22
    Lablady22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    baked apples with cinnamon! You can do it in the microwave too. If you want to get crazy add a scoop (less than 100 cals) vanilla ice cream.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I core an apple, fill it with walnuts and raisins, dust it with cinnamon and stevia, and microwave for a couple minutes. I eat it with a dollop of greek yogurt. It is not very sweet but I have gotten used to doing without sugar.

Have you tried agave nectar? It is sweeter so you need less of it.
  • zenner22
    zenner22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love freeze dried fruit (not just dry fruit, freeze dried) it's got a great crunchy texture and they are low cal (40cals per package.)
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Halo and it was VERY sweet and tasty!! :)

I also eat a lot of Yoplait Greek yogurt. My favorites are the Blackberry Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, or the plain vanilla with a little cinnamon and honey added.
  • veronakings
    Options
    frozen bananas blended w/ cocoa and almond milk! noosa yogurt. really good dark chocolate. tea!