Healthy Options to Satisfy Sweet Tooth?!?!

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something? How about dark chocolate?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    talenti gelato ...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    dried fruit
    dark chocolate
    "nice" cream
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Berries.
    Other fruit.
    Dark chocolate.

And yes, even a seemingly incurable sweet tooth diminishes when you stop regularly feeding it. I never thought I'd ever say this in my life, but my sugar cravings have gone way, way down since about the second week of stopping to eat all the cookies, cakes and candy I used to eat.
  • bullofheaven
    bullofheaven Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes
  • kgangl1028
    Options
    Applesauce with fat free whipped cream! Yum, I need to get some.
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you have a blender, you can make some really tasty smoothies that are packed with good things while they taste like a dessert. Sometimes I'll have a protein bar. Luna bars and the Fiber One peanut butter bars are my favorites. I love having the Dannon greek yogurt cups with a generous dollop of fat free cool whip. It's almost like eating a little sundae. As others have said, dark chocolate is always good, you just have to be careful to only have a small amount. If you are almost out of calories but are craving a sweet, there is a vanilla caramel tea by biglow which scratches that itch for me.

Also, I have made this recipe several times and there isn't a single person who has tried it in my family that did not love it:
    Root Beer Float Pie
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like to add pudding/jello mix to nonfat Greek yogurt...tastes delicious! In fact, just a while ago I had Oikos plain greek yogurt (0%), strawberry jello powder and some cocoa powder. was great! I used about a half tablespoon of cocoa powder and a couple tablespoons of the jello mix. I have also used butterscotch pudding mix in the past as well, which was also great.
  • rebahicky
    Options
    sweet potatoes
    Sweet potatoes actually help you stop craving sweets, I eat them quite often, with a meal and then I dont want dessert. I am a surgarholic, so when I say it works, I aint lyin!!

• UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I keep really good chocolate chips on hand, and have a serving at the end of the day (or more, calories left over permitting). I like it because I can pop one or 2 in at a time and let them melt, savoring the flavor and taste.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have discovered ice cream made with almond or coconut milk...HEAVEN.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,934 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Here's my recipe for Chocolate Mousse with only 1 tbsp of sugar.

Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:

8 oz of Belgium dark chocolate
    5 tbsps of espresso (can replace espresso with a liquor)
    5 eggs separated
    2 tbsp unsalted butter
    1 tbsp crème fraiche
    pinch of salt
    1 tbsp of sugar

Method:

Over a double boiler melt the chocolate and espresso slowly, the chocolate should be warm, not hot. Take off heat and add butter and crème fraiche and whip in the egg yolks, one at a time. Whip egg whites adding a pinch of salt and half way through add the sugar. You want the whites to be stiff but not dry. Add in 1 or 2 big dollops of the whites and blend into the chocolate to lighten up the mixture. Add the remaining whites in 2 stages, folding gently each time. Scrape into individual dishes or into one large container, your choice, and let sit in the fridge overnight.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Incorporate more sweet vegetables into your regular meals. Sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, etc. You will see that your cravings will go down over time. I also often have a small piece of dark chocolate after dinner. It's just enough to reduce my cravings.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Here's my lazy holiday dessert - fresh blueberries plus pumpkin pie spice mix.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    talenti gelato ...

All of this. But not, of course, all at once.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    make ice cream with protein powder.....yum!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Fruit
  • poisonthewells
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

This recipe for no flour black bean brownies is amazing!

I've made them a few times and no one ever realized there was beans in them.
  • veronakings
    Options
    also like a million fruits