Diary Feedback

Options
Hello Everyone,

Every few months, I like to open my diary to gain advice on how to improve my eating habits. I would appreciate some feedback.

Let me tell you a little about my lifestyle. I work A LOT. My job is an office job with very little movement. I can easily put in 65 plus hours within a week. I do not cook. I don't know how and I at a point in life where the kitchen is just an uncomfortable place. With that said, I love Whole Foods. I can easily go in there and spend all my money on some over priced cheese. My diet right now does not have any red meat nor nuts. I exercise..barely. My fitbit tracks all my walking and that is about all the exercise I get in a week.

I am an African American, 5'2 woman living in the midwest. My weight is slightly above a normal BMI.

Please let me know if you have questions!

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Why are you only logging like 900 calories?
  • miss_melissa_
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

I am logging everything I eat per day. If it is only 900 calories then I only log 900 calories. I try not to lie on my diary.

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If you spend so much money on cheese, why aren't you eating it?! You need the protein.

It would also help you get in all your calories once in awhile.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

I am logging everything I eat per day. If it is only 900 calories then I only log 900 calories. I try not to lie on my diary.

I should rephrase. Why are you only eating waht you think to be 900 calories.

You're both not eating enough on a regular basis and likely eating more than you think because if you were eating 900 calories on average you'd feel like total *kitten*.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My advice is to eat more calories overall and especially more protein. You want to protect your muscle while you lose weight and since you're not doing resistance exercise right now (I'd recommend that you do at some point) protein intake becomes even more important. Think of your calorie goal as just that, a goal. Don't undershoot it. Eventually eating so low can lead to loss of energy, fatigue, muscle loss, hair loss and other health issues.
  • miss_melissa_
    Options
    Thanks
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Advice = Eat more!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    At least 1,200 calories every day. Try to eat as close to your goal as possible (i.e., eat as many calories as you can). Adding protein and healthy fats (like oils) will help. So will cheese :)