PUT DOWN THE CHOCOLATE

Options
So, part of my job as an office manager, is to receive, open & figure out what to do with any packages the company receives. This time of year, that obviously consists mostly of gift baskets full of goodies. Today we got a doozie. A 7-pound bucket stuffed full of all my favorite chocolatey things... Reese's, krackel, hershey's kisses, etc... Can someone come wire my jaw shut for me? Please and thanks.

Anybody else having to deal with the onslaught of Christmas goodies at work right now? How are you dealing with it? lol I'm trying the "moderation" approach, and I allowed myself to have a few pieces and just tracked them all. But of course, I want more than just a "few." I left them in the break room so hopefully everyone else will eat them & they'll be gone soon. lol

Replies

• jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I am having the same problem. We keep candy in our office and I'm good about not eating that. (The HUGE bowl is on my boss's desk so I can avoid it pretty good.) But a coworker had his birthday yesterday and another guy brought him some AMAZING snookies (snickers cookies) and I've had about 5 (they're little but that is way too much sugar for me). Now I can't shut off wanting chocolate.
    I'm glad someone else is having trouble so I'm not alone! Hopefully your candy is gone soon too!
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    ...and back away.

Giving them out or placing them in the kitchen is a good alternative.

I ration my lindt chocolate to one square at a time. It's hard, but if you get the dark stuff it can be enough.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    use a hot glue gun to turn all candy and treats into immortal christmas wreaths. Finish with a clear sealant. Paint if desired.

Adding glitter and embellishments is also fun.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Take a few things you really want and leave the bucket at work, it will become someone else's problem.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    NO! I will not put down the chocolate. I will select my favourite and make them fit my day, or save them for a day they can fit.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So, part of my job as an office manager, is to receive, open & figure out what to do with any packages the company receives. This time of year, that obviously consists mostly of gift baskets full of goodies. Today we got a doozie. A 7-pound bucket stuffed full of all my favorite chocolatey things... Reese's, krackel, hershey's kisses, etc... Can someone come wire my jaw shut for me? Please and thanks.

Anybody else having to deal with the onslaught of Christmas goodies at work right now? How are you dealing with it? lol I'm trying the "moderation" approach, and I allowed myself to have a few pieces and just tracked them all. But of course, I want more than just a "few." I left them in the break room so hopefully everyone else will eat them & they'll be gone soon. lol

Put them in the reception area. Every time you go for another one you have to walk by the receptionist again and again...

When I worked in the office I was never able to keep on track this time of year. The goodies came in droves.

Try packing your lunch in a cooler and only eating out the cooler. If it doesn't come out of your cooler is doesn't go into your mouth.

Also, prelog the goodies you plan to eat that day out of the office stash.

Keep logging your food!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I altered my dinner plans so that I could have a cookie. NO regrets. It's all about choices.
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    use a hot glue gun to turn all candy and treats into immortal christmas wreaths. Finish with a clear sealant. Paint if desired.

Adding glitter and embellishments is also fun.

I LOVE THIS IDEA! =)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'll take it..
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    In for the 8 million responses that say you can eat chocolate and stay under your calorie goals. That didn't get old like 15 years ago....

As a fellow non-will-power-possessing mortal, I feel your pain. Try to make them fit into your calories, or pay penance for your sins by 12 hours of elliptical!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

Put them in the reception area. Every time you go for another one you have to walk by the receptionist again and again...

When I worked in the office I was never able to keep on track this time of year. The goodies came in droves.

Try packing your lunch in a cooler and only eating out the cooler. If it doesn't come out of your cooler is doesn't go into your mouth.

Also, prelog the goodies you plan to eat that day out of the office stash.

Keep logging your food!

Now here's a quality and productive response. I like these ideas a lot.
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    "Put down the chocolate."

NEVER. *crams spoonful of nutella in face*
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This week, one chocolate and one cracker with brie. It is tough because these foods haunt everywhere (the receptionist like you, is doing her best to offload it). The cracker with brie I passed three times and I told it "no" twice.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    tumblr_moi8tvFIHP1svbksio1_400.gif
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Eat all the chocolatz
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The first 20 years I worked in this office, this time every year our vendors would bombard us with boxes and boxes of Sees candy and baskets filled with all sorts of other goodies, but about 6 years ago it was determined that accepting these gifts was a conflict-in-interest and we stopped accepting them (some of the vendors even wanted to donate the money they would have spent on us to a charity of our choice, but we had to turn that down too). That cut the floating treats during the holidays way down. That said, I am currently enjoying a yummy iced brownie courtesy of an evil coworker. :)
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    http://www.vidcrown.com/p/O1q1vFpXnbP

lolol This vine fits perfectly with this post.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    In for the 8 million responses that say you can eat chocolate and stay under your calorie goals. That didn't get old like 15 years ago....

As a fellow non-will-power-possessing mortal, I feel your pain. Try to make them fit into your calories, or pay penance for your sins by 12 hours of elliptical!

Did you just complain about one thing in one paragraph, and then say the exact same thing you complained about in your second paragraph?

Well done.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

But isn't that what you just did?

Also, treating exercise as a penance for eating is not a healthy way to look at food or exercise.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I feel for you! Last year (just as I started MFP), I worked at a large retail company. During the retail season (isn't it more about the retail than the actual holidays?), we have lunch sponsored daily but our vendors and gift baskets galore. Boy was that hard! Proud to say I didn't cave even once.

You can do it!