Double Belly: Can i ever lose this? PIC

Options
Ive already lost 90 pounds in the last two years but this double stomach is my worst nightmare. Im 28 no kids. Any exercises to get this flat? Or is surgery the only option?

Replies

• thicknfit86
    Options
    Here is the pic
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    Hey! Did you know that you can see part of your nipple? It's cool with me, but I didn't know if you meant to do that. (Sorry future posters for spoiling your nipple fun if OP changes the pic!)

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much you can really do about this, but I have seen some really fabulous afters of double stomachs. They don't really look completely flat, though. The extra skin will still be there from the top stomach, but your stomach may still look nice in the end. Don't give up hope! :)
  • MadMaximus83
    MadMaximus83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm right there in that boat with you. Down 90 pounds and my stomach looks the same way. I have come to terms with that I will never have a flat stomach, but I can at least get some muscle going on to where it doesn't look too flabby. I tell myself it is better to be healthy with some loose skin than it is to be unhealthy with fat filled skin :smile:.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    how much more weight have you got to lose before you hit healthy?

are you weight lifting?

how's your calorie defecit going
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter 7 years ago I got up to my highest weight ever, 224. My stomach looked similar at that point. I had a c section so it was different but none the less..I thought it would be impossible for me to ever have a nice tummy again but It IS almost gone. It IS possible. There will probably always be something there / not completely flat but if you do it slowly and focus on toning as well as weight loss the skin issues won't be so bad. Just don't go to fast! Slow and steady wins the race! It took me 7 years to get to where I'm at with much yo-yoing but I'm glad it happened that way for the skin reasons.
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    And lots of lotion! I basically dip myself in lotion after bathing / showering. Get an all natural kind with no chemicals and go to town.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    LOL. That is gravity at work. I thought I was growing a two-pack until I took a closer look.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've had that kind of stomach since I was very young. It got worse after I had my kid six years ago. My mom also has that kind of stomach. I think it's genetic or some crap. Anyway, I hate it :( Mine is starting to look better, but I don't know if it's ever going to completely go away. Yours looks better than mine.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter 7 years ago I got up to my highest weight ever, 224. My stomach looked similar at that point. I had a c section so it was different but none the less..I thought it would be impossible for me to ever have a nice tummy again but It IS almost gone. It IS possible.

This gives me hope. I'm concerned that my "momma belly" won't go away either. Hopefully after the weightloss and some toning exercise it will be right as rain.