mall food courts?

Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Panda Express - mixed veggie side is 80 calories, then choose one of their lower calorie main dishes... YUM!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The people who make smoothies will usually sell me a cup of fruit. It's not that great, though.

We have restaurants attached to the mall, so a salad isn't hard to come by. It's difficult to eat in the Cheesecake Factory and not indulge.

I do most of my shopping online, though, so it's not like the old days, when I'd spend two full days at the mall, shopping for Christmas presents. I'm in and out within hours and don't need to eat there.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i go to my mall every two weeks for two of the most glorious slices of pepperoni pizza on the planet (or in my neck of the woods)
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Panda Express or other chinese joints will sometimes give you mixed veggies instead of rice or noodles. Add on one or two non-fried entrees and you're good to go.

Other ideas are Nando's, teriyaki, or Indian with no rice.

But yeah, if we had chik fil a here I would totally eat that.

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The delicious stuff I can't get anywhere else. Otherwise you can always get a McDonald's cheeseburger or something. They're not too bad.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    That's gross. I'd rather starve than eat in a mall food court.

I don't know about the malls around you, but food courts at malls around here aren't that bad... There's usually a Subway, Quizno's, or a few sit down places like Ruby Tuesday's or Chili's. And there's usually some stand alone restaurants on the property really close to the mall.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten at one in ages, but I used to like Nature's Table

But I prefer the Mexican place across the street.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ohhh forgot to mention Chipotle!
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ^^ dude i'd be all over chipotle if it was at my local mall.

if you're trying to be good, i would go with something like a sandwich place or chick fil a. or any other fast food joint for that matter. 9 times out of 10, they have nutrition info online readily available and you can gauge from there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just use the internetz...I can't stand the mall. I also don't think I've ever had anything really worth eating in a mall food court...but I'm also pretty picky in RE to food quality.

If I had to spend so much time in a mall that I needed to find something to eat; 1) I'd probably shoot myself; 2) I would probably just bring something with me...PB&J is pretty portable.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I go after lunch. Problem solved. Or I go to the Cheesecake factory (lots of great options under 550 calories), or the small crepes eatery that opened last year (but I have to guess the calories unfortunately). If I had to eat in the court, that would be Wendy's chili or subway or something, although there's also sushi and it's not that hard to fit a piece or two of pizza in my day if I want to... but I haven't had fast food in ages, honestly.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No mall here.
    When we drive 45 minutes to go shopping we might stop at a fast food place to get food because we aren't going to be home for 3-4 hours. Usually we decide where we will eat before we leave home so I look up the menu and decide what I can eat from there. I think last time we got food from Arby's and I just had a regular roast beef sandwich and an unsweetened iced tea.
    If you know what places are in the mall food court just look up stuff in advance. Maybe just get water or unsweetened tea to drink. Buy the smaller sized items.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The last time I visited I had Tikka chicken over vegetables with Naan bread.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    When I was in Rio, the nice restaurants were found in the mall.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    If I am forced to eat at the mall, it's usually a grilled chicken sandwich or salad (and a diet lemonade) from Chick-fil-a or a salad at Moe's. Occasionally I'll get a chicken Philly from Charley's. Sometimes I'll just call a frozen yogurt lunch.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    gimme that greasy bourbon chicken :x