New-ish :)

Options
Hello :) I've been on MFP off and on a few years. I recently started again because my pants were getting too tight... oops!

I also am hoping to find motivation to get into shape. I used to be in the military, and I was in excellent shape when I got out two years ago. I've become less and less active (I have a desk job, and I'm also a full time student), so I've watched much of my nice muscle tone fade away.

First step is to eat more healthily, of course. MFP helps me to feel much more accountable and I think twice before getting a snack from the vending machine at work.

My main form of exercie is riding horses... any other horse people?

Replies

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP! I'm a horse person as well, own three lovely ponies :) What kind of riding do you do?
  • RandomEddie44
    RandomEddie44 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same here! Full time college student and have a part time job!
    You got this! We will all motivate you! :smiley:
  • CorMh891
    Options
    Hey I'm Corrina!! Went from 203lbs to 190. Add me for motivation (I need some as well!) LOL
  • sixty8tango
    sixty8tango Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP! I'm a horse person as well, own three lovely ponies :) What kind of riding do you do?

Well, I started out hunter/jumper when I first began riding. Now I try mostly dressage, and this year tried competitive trail for the first time-- TONS of fun! You?
  • sixty8tango
    sixty8tango Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here! Full time college student and have a part time job!
    You got this! We will all motivate you! :smiley:
    Thanks! Much easier to meet goals when you have people to help with motivation!
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Well, I started out hunter/jumper when I first began riding. Now I try mostly dressage, and this year tried competitive trail for the first time-- TONS of fun! You?

Awesome! I do dressage, jumping, as well as western speed events. Looking to get into eventing.

Always wanted to try some competitive trails! I do loads of trail riding on my own, so that would be a great way to set new goals!