large arms

Options
Can anyone give me advice on wanting my arms to feel smaller in short order? I will be wearing a dress in two weeks and although everything else is shrinking considerably, due to working out and eating well, my arms still feel big. Should I chill on the weights or will that matter? Any advice would be great! Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I hope someone has good advice cuz i NEED to know this too!~! Even when I was little and didnt weigh anything I had that armpit fat roll, I wish I could loose that!~!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Big as in fat and flabby, or big as in muscular? if you are feeling flabby, I would increase the weights.. I dont necessarily mean more weight, just maybe more reps.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Weight training toned up my arms and made them look a lot nicer, so I would definitely not recommend giving that up. What type of weights are you doing? I would recommend doing something with a lot of reps of light weights - I take Body Pump classes and do 30 day shred occasionally, and found that both of those are great for arms.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Speaking as someone who has been there - if you want to get rid of the 'armpit fat roll', i have 2 words for you - triceps and shoulders! I had to do a LOT of reps of each - 2 or 3 times a week for almost a year, but I finally got rid of arm flab and you can too!!! Now I just need a program for belly flab, lol!
  • BandMom2
    BandMom2 Posts: 64
    Options
    bump
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Push-ups and tricep dips work wonders!!! I do both every day and I can see just a big difference in my arms and the tricep dips up with the under arm flab. Yuck! Can't wait to have that gone!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Definately keep working out.
    Cutting back on weight training isn't going to make your arms look better.
  • tmac2269
    tmac2269 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi girlfriend! its me your ohio friend! everything they said below is what i would have said also. Keep doing weights. They help with the arm wave!!