"Bikini" Class BodyBuilding

Options
Hello! I am interested in doing my first body building competition, bikini class, in April. 2015. I'm looking for fellow female bodybuilders and/or weight lifters for new friends. I am just getting started with weight lifting (I used the strength training machines for the first time last week) so beginners who are also interested in the sport are welcome to friend me. Let's do this! :D

Replies

• harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm training like an NPC bikini competitor...don't plan on competing but would glady help motivate :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Personally trained females for competition many times whether it be for fitness, figure or bikini.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • amcevers
    amcevers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you just started lifting, you may want to develop a more realistic time frame for your goal of competing. If you want to finish in the top half of the group instead of the bottom, that is.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a long way off but it's an ultimate goal of mine. I recently started my strength training as well.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I want to look like one, but not compete
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Options
    amcevers wrote: »
    If you just started lifting, you may want to develop a more realistic time frame for your goal of competing. If you want to finish in the top half of the group instead of the bottom, that is.

For my first comp, I'm just looking to enter and not get laughed off stage, haha! I think six months is a realistic time frame, but if I'm not ready, you can feel free to say I told you so! :)
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey thanks for adding me. I have a role model in the bikini comp world, that is Margret Gnarr. I strongly suggest you look her up and connect on Facebook or other social media, she is great!
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am also training to be an NPC Competitor! I plan to compete in figure though. I know I am a long way out so I don't plan to compete until late 2015 or early 2016, but I know a lot about strength training and love having the extra motivation!
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    going to take you longer than april :)

Bodybuilding is a lot of commitment and effort, cut and bulk cycle, takes time.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Im working towards that goal also. Being trained by my sister who won the fitness model class of the 2014 Halloween mayhem show in canada and came in 2nd in the bikini class. She is a true inspiration as she was almost 180 lbs and worked her way to first place :D
  • kgilrivera
    Options
    Hello! I wanna compete too. I started lifting about 2 months or so. I need some motivation!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    amcevers wrote: »

For my first comp, I'm just looking to enter and not get laughed off stage, haha! I think six months is a realistic time frame, but if I'm not ready, you can feel free to say I told you so! :)

Then you probably should wait until October 2015 if you don't want to get laughed off stage
  • NikiMG1681
    NikiMG1681 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think you all with negative comments should be ashamed of yourself. This is a place to build each other up, not tear each other down. Shame on you!

With that said - good luck to you! I have a training plan parallel to competing, but will not be competing. I'd love to hear how you are doing and keep us updated!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I think you all with negative comments should be ashamed of yourself. This is a place to build each other up, not tear each other down. Shame on you!

With that said - good luck to you! I have a training plan parallel to competing, but will not be competing. I'd love to hear how you are doing and keep us updated!

Actually no, it's a site for counting calories.

I'm being completely honest.
    She JUST started lifting and wants to compete without being laughed off the stage in less than 6 months? It's not going to happen. Have you been to a fitness competition? It takes a long time to build a good muscle base and get lean enough to compete. ESPECIALLY if you want to be safe and smart about it and NOT crash diet and essentially starve yourself to get stage ready.

5 months isn't enough time to realistically be prepared.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I love weight lifting and have been asked several times if I'm training for a competition. Right now the answer is no but I may change my mind in a couple years.

Also, not to be rude but I agree with the previous posters, if you're new to weight lifting I wouldn't recommend committing to April 2015, I'd pick something later than that.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to compete, as the thought of going on a stage wearing barely anything scares the crap out of me. That being said, I have been lifting for 5+ years and agree with the others (who are not being rude, BTW) that you should set your sights on a competition that is further than 5 months out.

It's GREAT that you have it as a goal, but anything worth doing is worth doing right. Give yourself more time - you will be glad you did.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to compete but I follow "Gym Girl Jessie" on Instagram and on her website she has an ebook for beginner competitors and it's only $15. Might be worth the buy. http://www.gymgirljessie.com/#!ebook/c1inn
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Also, Mama Laughlin, a blogger I follow, just competed in her first show and she's very...straight forward with how the process was for her. If nothing else, she's hilarious to read. http://www.mamalaughlin.com/
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

Actually no, it's a site for counting calories.

I'm being completely honest.
    She JUST started lifting and wants to compete without being laughed off the stage in less than 6 months? It's not going to happen. Have you been to a fitness competition? It takes a long time to build a good muscle base and get lean enough to compete. ESPECIALLY if you want to be safe and smart about it and NOT crash diet and essentially starve yourself to get stage ready.

5 months isn't enough time to realistically be prepared.

This.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Man, 6 months isn't nearly enough time. I'm not saying you won't make incredible progress if you work really hard but the timeline you have set is unrealistic. I'm toying with the idea of my first show at the end of 2015, and that will be nearly 2 years of bulk/cut and then dieting down. It's super tough. Maybe you're genetically superior, who knows.

Wish you the best, but perhaps take another look at your timeline.

Annnnnd everything I said was already said. Whoops!