Leslie Sansone: how many calories burned?

Options
I'm never sure how to log the walk slim dvd for calorie burn. It's 4 miles, with boosted walking and using the firm band. There are definite high impact aerobics in there too. For now I've just been putting under general aerobics because it's so much more than walking 4 miles outdoors. For one thing, it's faster than you can usually walk outdoors and she also uses arms, and other aerobic movement. I just want to log things correctly so I can keep better track.

Replies

• flyboy1
    flyboy1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I find it easiest just to use a heart rate monitor that tracks calories burnt. The main thing is that you are out there doing it.
  • MrsHilgert
    MrsHilgert Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    well, I'm sure a monitor would be a very handy thing, I just can't afford such things or a gym membership. It's all old school to me. I just don't want to log too many calories and overeat for the day or log too few because that's not good either.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I do WATP dvds too! I now use my HRM to track my workout calories... However, before I would enter walking into the exercise database and depending on what speed the workout was at I would use that... I believe the 4 and 5 mile dvds are usually at a speed of 4.0 to 5.0....Hope this helps!