Asian Beef and Noodles
    1 (8oz) rib-eye steak
    1 tsp dark sesame oil, divided
    1 cup (1 inch) sliced green onions
    2 cups packaged cabbage and carrot coleslaw
    2 (2.8 oz) packages beef flavoured ramen noodle soup
    1 1/2 cup water
    1 tbsp low salt soy sauce

-cut steak into thin slices. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add steak and green onions, stir fry 1 minute. Remove steak mixture from skillet. Heat remaining 1/2 tsp oil over med-high heat. Add slaw, stir fry 30 seconds. Remove slaw from skillet.

-Remove noodles from packages. Reserve one season packet for some other use. Add water and remaining season packet to skillet; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in steak mixture, slaw, and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.

Yield 2 servings
    Cal 489, protein 28g, fat 12.5g, Carb 68.1g, Fiber 4.9g, Sodium 1152mg

Serving size is big. Can easily be divided into 4 servings with veggies on the side.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    lol did this board just get animated gif ability or something?

:huh: It's been around for years now.
  • veronakings
    veronakings Posts: 116
    edited December 2014
    Options
    GQPMEJS.gif
  • veronakings
    Options
    omg we can also use this face on here :s
    NEVER LEAVING
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Respygrl wrote: »
    Asian Beef and Noodles
    1 (8oz) rib-eye steak
    1 1/2 cup water

-cut steak into thin slices. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add steak and green onions, stir fry 1 minute. Remove steak mixture from skillet. Heat remaining 1/2 tsp oil over med-high heat. Add slaw, stir fry 30 seconds. Remove slaw from skillet.

-Remove noodles from packages. Reserve one season packet for some other use. Add water and remaining season packet to skillet; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in steak mixture, slaw, and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.

Yield 2 servings

Serving size is big. Can easily be divided into 4 servings with veggies on the side.

Sounds amazing!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Well, whether anyone believes or not that the packaged Ramen are complete JUNK, I DO, and I prefer the rice noodles made in a real broth with added veggies and meat ANY day to this load of garbage! I actually used to LOVE that load of garbage until I tasted what REAL Ramen should be!
  • veronakings
    Options
    @cindytw that's what i'm sayin. it's like fake food or salty candy or something. REAL RAMEN!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    Well, whether anyone believes or not that the packaged Ramen are complete JUNK, I DO, and I prefer the rice noodles made in a real broth with added veggies and meat ANY day to this load of garbage! I actually used to LOVE that load of garbage until I tasted what REAL Ramen should be!

I grew up with "real" ramen and the packaged stuff. I like both. I'll even eat packaged ramen dry - just broken up and shaken with the seasoning.
  • NewMeSM75
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Respygrl wrote: »
    Asian Beef and Noodles
    1 (8oz) rib-eye steak
    1 1/2 cup water

Yield 2 servings

I couldn't get my calories to add up. My recipe put it more like closer to 600 calories. I must be doing something wrong. But does sound great.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You should go have some real ramen instead of the instant crap. Then you won't have to ask this question anymore.
  • NewMeSM75
    Options
    @nuvimi I don't recall asking you anything. That's the great thing about forums. Anyways, Thanks anyways! Have a super great day!
  • adaheide
    Options
    For a healthier choice and cheaper too just buy Chinese noodles and beef, chicken or vegetable stock to cook them in ( I use sodium reduced).
    I buy rice papers and make Japanese spring rolls with the noodles and finely slice vegetables and a shredded meat of choice. Serve with a dipping sauce. They also reheat well in the microwave.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I use the block of noodles and cook those. Then, I add in browned hamburger (with the drippings), sliced carrots, and water chestnuts with the noodles and stir fry those together. I also may use some of the seasoning packet, but only a really small amount of it to add a little extra flavor. It's a really easy dish to make.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and sriracha sauce with a slice of cheese was the best combination I've ever put in cup noodles.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    If you don't want your seasoning packets, I'll take them. Says the chick currently drinking chicken broth made from bouillon.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    @cindytw that's what i'm sayin. it's like fake food or salty candy or something. REAL RAMEN!!

Real Ramen? I've only seen the stuff I've been asking about (a six-pack for about a dollar). I've never seen "real ramen". Would like to try the other kinds of Asian noodles, though.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Gidzmo wrote: »

Real Ramen? I've only seen the stuff I've been asking about (a six-pack for about a dollar). I've never seen "real ramen". Would like to try the other kinds of Asian noodles, though.

A lot of big cities have authentic ramen shops.
    There's one in the outskirts of Boston that I've been wanting to try, but the lines are usually long, they have wonky hours, and you pretty much have to eat and get out of there; they don't let you talk because the shop is so tiny, and they need to rotate people out. They also only have around three choices.

I still wanna go.

And yes, I am aware this is a necro'd thread. But ramen is involved.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    nuvimi wrote: »
    You should go have some real ramen instead of the instant crap. Then you won't have to ask this question anymore.

This. There is NOTHING redeeming about top ramen or anything like that. if you're gonna eat ramen, at least find a good ramen bar and get some food!