BE PROUD!

Options
This morning somebody made a very nasty remark to me. I suppose it came out of jealousy or envy for my termination to do what i am doing. Maybe it was meant as a joke. But it was just plain mean to say it. The effect that it has on me?....... It hurts, but it also is feeding my determination, spirit and energy to do what i do. I know i am getting fitter and healthier by the day. Not only losing all that weight. I guess i have one person/"friend" less in my life. Its a given when you loose weight you loose friends too.

But my hurted feelings at this point only make me hold my head up higher, sticking my chin in the air. And realizing that i dont need this kinda "friends"

I am proud of what i am doing. After my training this morning and the so needed shower i was smiling at myself in the mirror. Look at the curves i get.... I get a shape :)

Maybe egocentric but at this point its all about ME, i chose for myself about 11 weeks ago. And its paying off big time.
I am not only getting healthier/fitter and losing weight, I also developed a discipline to walk away from such people. I kept my mouth shut and thought " you dont know any better". Poor you!

And people dont have to do what i do, they dont have to agree. I respect for who they are, i dont care about their weight, color, race or believes.
But when they dont pay that same respect back, then they better dont say anything instead of a very nasty remark.
Un-friend me, go out of my way what ever...i really dont care about such people anymore.
I dont need such people and negativity in my life.

I do this for ME!!
And i am proud of what i am doing and what i will accomplish.

For anybody out there that has the same experiences, keep your head up high and be proud of your self!
Its about YOU and your health and life!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said!
    Good for you!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Thank you 'healthygreek' :smile:
  • maryrichen
    Options
    Beautiful and how true. Nobody has put me down yet about wanting to lose weight but I get the feeling that there is a bet running of the chances that this will fail as well. :\ I am going to show them that this will be the time I succeed and finally look as I should.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's sad when we lose friends over weight . . . I didn't realize I was the fat friend, maybe just there to make them feel it as fat as they are ;) As long as you remember this is for you and your health you will be successful.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    maryrichen wrote: »
    Beautiful and how true. Nobody has put me down yet about wanting to lose weight but I get the feeling that there is a bet running of the chances that this will fail as well. :\ I am going to show them that this will be the time I succeed and finally look as I should.

your right show them and be proud of every pound you loose Because you are the one working for it, and nobody else.

• BWBTrish
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    Good for you! It's sad when we lose friends over weight . . . I didn't realize I was the fat friend, maybe just there to make them feel it as fat as they are ;) As long as you remember this is for you and your health you will be successful.

Thank you i sure will :)

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Dump them.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Dump them.

indeed!