Anyone from North Carolina?

Options
adreal
adreal Posts: 229 Member
I am from between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach here in NC. Just wondering if there were anymore NC peeps on here. I am trying my hand a running now and love to find out about NC races. My goal this year is to run the Down Hill at Dawn Half Marathon at Ridgecrest in June. Any other NC runners out there?

Replies

• Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    From the W-Salem area here but the only running I do is occasionally from the couch to the fridge lol If I hear of some I'll pass them along.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    From Durham but I do Keto so no running for me. I know there are other NC folks on MFP.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Hendersonville!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm just west of Charlotte. I hope to be running by this spring. :)
  • adreal
    Options
    Awesome! Couch to Fridge is good exercise :) What is Keto?
  • adreal
    Options
    cherirana wrote: »
    I'm just west of Charlotte. I hope to be running by this spring. :)

There are some great runs in Charlotte!! I have looked a doing a few of those! I am still slow but can run an 11 minute mile. It is getting there but I love it. It is 30-40 minutes of quiet time :)
  • HealthyFitStrong2
    Options
    North Carolina mom here....not running yet but that is a goal eventually.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I live in Fort Mill SC about ten minutes from Charlotte,NC
    I am doing the Charlotte South Park Turkey Trot again this year. It's one of my favorite races.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    adreal wrote: »
    I am from between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach here in NC. Just wondering if there were anymore NC peeps on here. I am trying my hand a running now and love to find out about NC races. My goal this year is to run the Down Hill at Dawn Half Marathon at Ridgecrest in June. Any other NC runners out there?

Can we come visit you? :D

I'm near Burlington, between Raleigh and Greensboro.
  • adreal
    Options
    adreal wrote: »

Can we come visit you? :D

I'm near Burlington, between Raleigh and Greensboro.

You sure can. Just let me know :)

• SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :D Concord, NC here. Just getting in to running though, and by the time I'm up to snuff and can run 5ks and obstacle races, I'll probably have moved out of state :|
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    SithZombie wrote: »
    :D Concord, NC here. Just getting in to running though, and by the time I'm up to snuff and can run 5ks and obstacle races, I'll probably have moved out of state :|

I grew up in Kannapolis, and spent a great deal of time in Concord...mostly at the mall :#