Poly and Monounsaturated fats

Options
So I noticed that MPF doesn't give an allocation for these fats which confused me because my research led me to believe they are naturally occurring in things like salmon and avocado.

Anyone wish to explain?

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You can adjust your own micronutrients as you see fit under the goals section on the app.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You want to avoid trans fats. Salmon and avocado are full of good fats.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ^ Yeah, I know to avoid Trans, but I see no problem with Mono and poly saturated fats
  • Darcy011
    Darcy011 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mono and poly are good healthy fats, mono fats can help reduce bad cholesterol levels in your blood among other things, I have also read that it can help reduce belly fat, however I haven't seen any factual data on that, one can always hope lol. The nutrition plan along with the strength training plan I am currently on has me aiming for around 40g of each daily which I get mainly from fish oil, olive oil and nuts. If you can it may be worth sitting down with a nutritionist for a few sessions, I know I had my eyes opened to a lot of wrong healthy choices I was making.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That's because there's no recommended intake for poly or monounsaturated fats.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Darcy011 wrote: »
    Mono and poly are good healthy fats, mono fats can help reduce bad cholesterol levels in your blood among other things, I have also read that it can help reduce belly fat, however I haven't seen any factual data on that, one can always hope lol. The nutrition plan along with the strength training plan I am currently on has me aiming for around 40g of each daily which I get mainly from fish oil, olive oil and nuts. If you can it may be worth sitting down with a nutritionist for a few sessions, I know I had my eyes opened to a lot of wrong healthy choices I was making.
    What are wrong healthy choices?

• CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    That's because there's no recommended intake for poly or monounsaturated fats.

^ this...

have as much as you want as long as everything else fits