Eggs

Options
I know there has been a constant back and forth with eggs. What is everyone's thoughts on eating eggs with their high cholesterol?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think it's been debunked.
    I'm considering doing an egg fast( to try and get rid of these last few kgs quickly) for 5 days where you eat nothing but eggs and butter and a bit of cheese. 6 eggs and 6tbs of butter per day :o
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,976 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol is pretty much inconsequential to our blood serum levels, and as far as the fat in eggs they've always had positive effect on our cholesterol levels. Basically eggs are a pretty damn fine food to consume, period.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm considering doing an egg fast( to try and get rid of these last few kgs quickly) for 5 days where you eat nothing but eggs and butter and a bit of cheese. 6 eggs and 6tbs of butter per day :o

OMG that would make me sooooo gassy lol
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,976 Member
    Options
    You like gimmicks I've noticed.....good luck with it.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Eggs are a whole food. Eating chloresterol does not increase your chloresterol level.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol is pretty much inconsequential to our blood serum levels, and as far as the fat in eggs they've always had positive effect on our cholesterol levels. Basically eggs are a pretty damn fine food to consume, period.

This.

I eat 2 eggs most mornings.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    My cholesterol went down once I started eating eggs. And they're yummy.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    You like gimmicks I've noticed.....good luck with it.

nah I'm just starting to get impatient! !!

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

I could definitely eat breakfast 3X a day for 5 days, but what? What is the science or pseudoscience behind this? I would actually like to know. And how much cheese?

Now I'm hungry for omelettes.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Love eggs. Matter of fact, a veggie-stuffed omelet is a great dinner if you're feeling too lazy for something creative, and want a healthy meal. Or breakfast. Or any time.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I could definitely eat breakfast 3X a day for 5 days, but what? What is the science or pseudoscience behind this? I would actually like to know. And how much cheese?

I'm not sure of the science behind it. I just joined the FB group, so I'm still learning. Apparently it puts you into ketosis. It's followed by a lot of LCHF'ers.

• TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just finished my dinner: a mushroom and green pepper omelette. It was delicious. Whoohoo for eggs:).
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Eggs are not only healthy, but delicious!

20350194.png
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

I'm not sure of the science behind it. I just joined the FB group, so I'm still learning. Apparently it puts you into ketosis. It's followed by a lot of LCHF'ers.

I'm looking it up now, thanks! I think a ketogenic diet would be too strict for me but good luck to you.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I'm looking it up now, thanks! I think a ketogenic diet would be too strict for me but good luck to you.

Thanks. Yeah I think I'd struggle on such a low carb diet.
    The FB group is- egg fast-stall breaker diet
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I eat 28 eggs a week and my cholesterol is perfect.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have eaten a boiled egg first thing every morning for the last 5.5 months and still look forward to it. :p
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Vladimir Nabokov claimed the boiled egg was the perfect food. (You can decide if this is good or bad.)
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    Options
    I just ate 8 egg whites sauteed with 3 cups of spinach and 2 tsps of olive oil and topped it off with goat cheese. (I used the 8 yolks yesterday in a greek chicken soup.) Eggs are lovely, lovely to eat and very healthy too.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options

i8p41kstgd8s.jpg