It's BLT season again!

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
No, I don't mean bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches. 'Tis the season for those bites, licks, and tastes. I caught myself licking the spoon as I was making the Yule Log cake tonight and remembered. I just have to remember to keep them small and account for them. they can add up in a hurry.

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm delaying baking for this reason! I also almost licked the Vegenaise spoon after I mixed up the sauce for our bean burgers tonight. Instead I handed it over to the husband to dispose of >:)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I want a BLT now. This thread iz disappoint. :sad:
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I do it, but try to keep it to a minimum and count it. It was really easy to pop the occasional schnibble of marzipan in my mouth when I was making my fruit. Marzipan fruit is the only sweet I am making this year (besides the Yule Log for Dessert) because I figure it isn't the worst thing. Ground almonds, powdered sugar, egg white, almond extract, and a splash of rosewater. At least there is some fiber and protein in there among the sugar :p
  • earlnabby
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Sorry :(

• court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Sorry :(

my first thought at seeing the title was: "isn't that every season???" i actually just had a delicious BLT on wednesday with avocado. mmm, mmm, mmm! :)

i've fallen prey to grazing the buffet of holiday treats at work a couple of times :( however, it could have been worse...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

IKR? I think that after finals next week I'm going to spend time making a bunch of things I've been craving but lacked time to make, including many BLTs. We have no proper bacon on hand :(
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yummmm i want a BLT...

I am a "taste it before you bake it" cook. In the past i never really measured, just eyeballed and dumped things in. I always do food gifts for holidays like cakes, muffins, sweet breads, cookies, snacks, etc. So hard to get into the habit of measuring and paying attention to details.

This year i did everything as mixes in jars and baggies. I haven't made any holiday goodies for my own home. Nothing to lick!
  • NetflixAndChocolate
    Options
    I thought it was going to be big lazy tired or something XD
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I want a BLT too!
  • kitsteroo
    kitsteroo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Every year for Christmas my mom and I make upwards of 500 cookies to give out to people as gifts and to send to bring to work and whatnot. It's a three or four day long effort and the BLT temptation is real. I don't know if I'm going to be able to resist...
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    When I bake, I use those tiny small dessert spoons for my "tastes". I try to keep it under 1/4 of teaspoon...
  • earlnabby
    Options
    kitsteroo wrote: »
    Every year for Christmas my mom and I make upwards of 500 cookies to give out to people as gifts and to send to bring to work and whatnot. It's a three or four day long effort and the BLT temptation is real. I don't know if I'm going to be able to resist...

Don't resist, just keep them infrequent and small. (Also, don't believe it when the cutout cookies try to tell you that all of the calories fall out when they break while transferring or decorating)